CWD ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

CWD ?

We have the DMA areas now and they are or seem to be ,getting bigger?
The PGC is putting out permits to shoot the does,to thin it or stop it? [ It will never stop.]
How is this to work if quite a bit of the area you can't get on to to hunt.I mean posted areas, like farms and private forest.If there are a vast amount of sick ones,they will just keep spreading it. So whats the use?
Call ma conspiracy theory nut,but i feel it is just just so much of a ploy to,A, kill a lot more deer off and B, to get more money in?
If it is moving at the rate that the DMA areas are growing,we won't have any un sick deer to hunt?
I hunted in 4-D,it got bigger in that section,{DMA-2},and has moved into 2-E ! But, the border line is right on the edge of Prince Gallitzin State Park. The park has 100 DMAP permits it issues! I feel if it were included in DMA-2,no one would want them? The park has lots of deer.What would the campers and folks that use the park think if they heard that the deer in the park my have a disease? They would not want their kids in there !
Last year,where we hunt was not included in it,now,our area is. With out looking at the map,i sent for doe tag for my old spot.
Well,to much baloney to go thru if you harvest a deer,in there,so,for another thing,i don't want to take home any meat that may have CWD or have blood and guts all over me when i clean it.
As with all government studies,i don't believe them, it won't hurt you !!!!You won't know till its too late.
20 years or so ago,when we supposedly,had too many deer roaming the state,we had no disease killing them,so they had us shoot them off !
Any how,i won't be hunting in there,DMA-2,as with a bunch of other folks,so the herd will just grow and the sickness will spread?

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 12:18 PM

Re: CWD ?

Many of us have said that the whole state will be a DMA in time. There are folks within the PGC that want that to be the case already.

There is a fine line between sensible precautions and education and spreading fear and urging regulations that do more harm than good.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 01:39 PM

the do not know if or when CWD will become transmittable to humans.

the cattle disease that is similar to CWD could be transferable to humans:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...on/con-20028005

CJD captured public attention in the 1990s when some people in the United Kingdom developed a form of the disease — variant CJD (vCJD) — after eating meat from diseased cattle. However, "classic" Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease hasn't been linked to contaminated beef.

i would not eat the meat from any deer in a CWD area. for thos that say its OK to eat, i would give it to them.

i certainly would not feed it to my family and hope for the best.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

I am with bohunr,on the eating of these. I will not even hunt,now,in an area that they mark as a DMA,so i won't have any to give away.
I,in no way,want my hands inside of one of them.

WILLY P
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 01:52 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp
I am with bohunr,on the eating of these. I will not even hunt,now,in an area that they mark as a DMA,so i won't have any to give away.
Yup, as time goes on and the CWD Zone gets larger more deer hunters will think like this, affecting the PGC ability to control the deer numbers.
License sales will drop and the fallout from there is unstoppable. It's not a pretty picture.

I've spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 06:10 PM

HEY...I'll shoot all the deer i am legally allowed inside the CWD management zones when it comes to that

AND...I'll be happy to give them to anyone that wants it. you feed it to your children, just not mine.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp
Yup, as time goes on and the CWD Zone gets larger more deer hunters will think like this, affecting the PGC ability to control the deer numbers.
License sales will drop and the fallout from there is unstoppable. It's not a pretty picture.
Yep. Part of the problem with the end of the world strategy that our game agency has taken. There should be more emphasis on sensible education and less emphasis on the impending apocalypse that never panned out anywhere else.

One thing for sure, hunters are creeping out about it which will not help the situation for the continued need to harvest deer in the CWD zones.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

All of this is bad enough,but,they want to charge you $6.90,to go shoot sick deer ?
As i have said earlier, if i would have seen the DMA-2 map had expanded,i would have never,never,sent for WM 4-D antlerless tags !!!!!!
4-D,this year has 34,000 tags,plus they added on 1,000 over last years total,and also,form what i have seen,tacked on 14,500 DMA-2 tags .

WILLY P
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Banned

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

TRANSMISSION, DIFFERENTIATION, AND PATHOBIOLOGY OF TRANSMISSIBLE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHIES 2016 ANNUAL REPORT ARS RESEARCH

Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy: TRANSMISSION, DIFFERENTIATION, AND PATHOBIOLOGY OF TRANSMISSIBLE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHIES 2016 ANNUAL REPORT ARS RESEARCH --

Chronic Wasting Disease
-

kind regards, terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page