CWD Public Meeting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
The Man

CWD Public Meeting

I just seen where on 8/28/14 6:00 pm Dubois High school the PGC is going to have an open meeting on CWD. Im kicking around going but I see where its a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I was wondering if anyone here was going to attend. It would be nice to get first hand information especially on the rules and I have had several questions on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: CWD Public Meeting

If you have great concerns then you should attend. I went to one that the AG had and it was very informative, everyone says that AG isn't doing anything...this meeting showed that is not the case. They put regs out there but like anything it is hard to enforce without the funds to employ people to do the policing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Re: CWD Public Meeting

Thanks, PGC is doing this one and I have really been following up with several phone calls to game commission of several questions I have as far as disposal etc. I think I will do my best effort to go. My phone calls I made everyone was nice and I think they was doing the best they could do to answer my questions but they was unsure a lot. For example I always brought my deer home to skin, etc. the past 10 years due to a fire in my buildings in Pa. Now since I had the time before season to construct something to do that. Not a real big deal but just another hoop to jump thru im not used too. Than disposal of parts another issue. PGC told me to bury them, landfill, or garbage man. So first week of deer season ground is frozen and I have a lot of shale unless I take my excavator to camp that wont happen. Landfill, I don't know even now if there is one in Bedford county. Garbage pickup, I don't have garbage pickup at my cabin since I just bring my trash home with me. There is a trash pick in that area on Fridays but I think having those parts sitting around all week would draw bear, coon, etc and I sure am not going to place them in my small cabin for 5 days. Than the option of a processor the day I pay for skinning and deboning will be the day I quit hunting, I would feel that costs would be over 100.00. Than I really don't know any except one and by traveling it s closer for me to pop in to Md. than another way in to Pa. for that place. My favorite question and I know it is going to happen. Close to me there is a nice size game lands. It actually starts 1/2 mile in Pa. from the Md. line and attracts many non residents along with what I would call non residents to the cwd area such as Pa. residents. So at the end of a cold freezing rain hunting day a hunter takes his deer. This place im speaking of has a parking lot that will hold around 30 cars. Is he supposed to skin the deer in the parking lot and dig a hole on gamelands to bury the parts? Or just leave everything in the regular size trash can there. This might sound like im being a smartazz but trust me I can see these issues arising this year. So if I could attend the meeting I could get some straight answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page