Back To Top
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Franklin County
Re: CWD RESEARCH
(NADeFA) North American Deer Farmers Association exists to:
* establish, encourage and facilitate an exchange of ideas on breeding, handling and deer farm management among members
* promote deer farming and ranching and venison consumption in North America
* to acquire and distribute information on all aspects of deer farming and ranching to members
* provide a forum for the solution of deer farming and ranching challenges and to keep members informed regarding the implementation of such solutions
* represent the deer farming and ranching industry to all levels of government, to livestock producers and to other related organizations
* provide a registry for privately-owned cervidae
* establish and promote ethical standards of conduct and husbandry in deer farming and ranching
* establish, promote and actively market standards for deer and deer products
Just so everyone knows who the press release comes from.
The research is great and I do truly hope they are successful.
As for the PA Dept. Ag (PDA) giving the go ahead and support, sure they would. The boys in the clubhouse need the support.
Meanwhile as the lead state agency in the CED response is mostly absent from anything remotely close to being the lead agency including communication with anyone other than those in the clubhouse. The citizen at large and hunters in particular are not part of their concern. This they continue to demonstrate.
No updates to new positives.
No press releases on regulations, quarantines, new cases found, disease management on the farms, and or for hunters, and more.
Absent and silent. Even when there are public meetings on CWD, those from PDA seem to sit silently while the GC staff holds the meeting.
ICare - can you confirm that the current policy for deer transfers within the borders of PA, from PA farm to PA farm is unfettered with the exception of quarantined farms?
Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.