Rookie, first hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Rookie, first hunt

I had a very enjoyable hunt last Sunday, I do not have a metal detector yet, so I started where I knew there was some old bottles that I had uncovered while deer hunting. This is private property, the owner is full aware of what I was doing. I'm taking the advise of you guys on here, trying to follow the ediquete, etc.

We started with just some moving a little dirt around , I could tell this was some sort of old "dump", but looks like it was just for glass. It is not a large area, maybe 10' X 10'. Then we started slowly digging and started to find many unboken bottles. I'm sure there is nothing worth anything we found, but I still think it was a nice way to spend a few hours, plus ya never know.

Large alcohol bottle, marked "federal law prohibits resale or reuse of this bottle", after some research, this was on all alcohol bottles for about 25 years after prohibition. Also found a half pint milk bottle, on the bottom said "highland dairies". If i'm not mistaken, that was the diary just to the East of Stottsville, near Coatesville. I remember buying milk there when I was a kid, they sold it in bags then, now it's a appliance store.

Some other bottles had a neat look to them, but nothing too exiting. Will have the MD next time, and look for some other areas not so easily seen, this one was easy.

Looks like I have a old salt shaker as well, but it's really rusted up bad. The small green bottle still have something in it, not sure what, it's about half liquid which I am assuming is water, and some white substance.
Sorry for the small pics, not sure why.

Thanks for all the tips so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Re: Rookie, first hunt

very nice

I love rummaging through old bottle dumps, I'm a sucker for an old milk bottle, especially when I can trace it to a local dairy

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Re: Rookie, first hunt

Nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page