Last minute indian - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Last minute indian

This afternoon I went back to where I stopped last week to finish out the place. I had real high hopes and was very excited to return. I started pulling mid 60's to 70's pennies all over, mixed in were a couple wheats. After a while I got a solid 89-90 on my at pro. I never had numbers that high before. Turns out it was 15 Lincoln's in the same hole. I thought it was kinda weird but I kept them separate so I could see what years they were. When I got home to clean them off they were all the same year! 1969. Super weird. Here are some of them when I turned the plug over. I wish I got a better picture of all of them.

It was pretty uneventful the rest of the day until I got to the last strip I was doing. I had a 72-74 signal that didn't have a chirp to it like the zinc pennies do. It was a nice solid tone. I said please let this be my first Indian and make this outting worth while. About 4 inches down I flipped over my plug and saw an imprint of a coin. In the bottom of the hole I found a round penny shape coin. I coulda swore I saw Lincoln at first but after a couple swipes I saw feathers!! I was super excited. This coin was at the top of my list and I was finally holding it. The date read 1908 and I got even more excited and Didn't rub the back off hoping for a mint mark. After I cleaned it There was no mint mark but I'm still just as excited. Moving to the top of my list now is a standing liberty quarter. Enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:01 AM

Re: Last minute indian

cool find
congrats on getting that Indian off your list, that was also the first coin on my "wish list". Have crossed off a LOT since then and hope you can too.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 08:31 PM
The Man

Re: Last minute indian

pretty cool

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page