Finding and being found? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Finding and being found?

My wife and i are in our late 60's,so when one of us is naked you try to avoid looking at the other one.It's not interesting anymore,if you know what i mean?
Anyways,I metal detect and go looking fo old homesteads in the woods. 3 years ago my back got really itchey and i had to get her to itch me!Turns out it was a tick,a big one! She tried to pull it out but it popped! I went to the ER and ended up with pills and a shot. They dug the head out of my back.
This year,so far,ticks are worse than ever. I think there are more of them than are little red ants?????
Oh,the tick cost me, with the visit and pills,close to $300. I was using bug spray too.
Be careful.

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 PM

Re: Finding and being found?

Permethrin is the only repellant I know of that works . Even then you have to check yourself afterwards just to be sure one didn't get in your hair or beard .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
My wife and i are in our late 60's,so when one of us is naked you try to avoid looking at the other one. It's not interesting anymore, if you know what i mean?
Foreboding. Things to come.

2A-Wash. Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

4X4 i went on a quest for a bug repelent after i got a second tick on the back of my knee!
I get permethrin in big bottles and thin it to .05%. I soak my outdoor clothes with it and let them dry before useing them. I've seen ticks on my orange hunting coat crawling up the sleeve and drop dead!
On my body i use the srongest Deet i can find. It seems to work?

WILLY P
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 01:08 PM

willyp , there is another thread on here somewhere that the gentleman claims to spray permethrin directly on his skin . I searched Google as he said to , to verify the safety of that practice . What I found in reports was very interesting . Permethrin is used in many TOPICALS for Lice & Scabies at a .05% mixture .
I actually buy the bottle at Tractor Supply that is a 0.20% as per info on the spray bottle . It works exactlly as you say . You may see a tick on your clothes , but it will die and fall off in less than 30 seconds . GREAT STUFF !!!!!!!!!

On the other hand , I won't spray Heavy % Deet on my skin . I've read bad things about Deet on skin . I've started showering with a T-tree oil baced shampoo . Claims to repel insects ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page