The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Scope Suggestions for My New Sako

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jdhaines32 
#1 ·
Hey Fellas,

I just picked up a new Sako A7 in a .308 and am curious on what you guys think would be a good scope. On my rifles right now I have a leupold vx-2, a bushnell banner and a couple Nikon Pro staffs. Although I like the pro staffs, I feel like I need to put a better scope on this rifle. My intent is to use this as my primary big game rifle but would also love to use it for coyote hunting at night. Furthermore, I would like this gun to have long range capabilities. Any suggestions (brand, model, power, and objective)are much appreciated

#3 ·
I bought a .308 beater last year and put a Burris Fullfield E1 on it. I like the scope. Could be clearer.

I have a Sako Finn Bear and have a Leupold M8 on it.

I like the new Zeiss Conquest. Also like the Trijicons. If it were me I'd be getting a Trijicon for your nice new A7. That'll be my next scope. But they are $750ish.

#7 ·
Leupold's VX-R line with the red fiber optic is awesome. I have one in a 2-7 and my daughter has one in the 1.25-4. The fiber optic draws your eye making target acquisition very fast. Very bright also. With the Cabela's special pricing, the cost should be close to 4 bills.

#11 ·
buddys dad said:
Leupold VX--1 4x12 with the new LR reticle. I put one on my 270 and I love it.
I also went with the VX 1 with the LR Duplex for my 270, but I went with a 3x9x40. For the price it is a great scope in my opinion. I also am a big fan of the Nikon Prostaff, as I have a few of them as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.