The filmed harvest that started it all. . .(Video) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

The filmed harvest that started it all. . .(Video)

I find it hard for hunters today not to see the value in filming their hunts. We have all been there the moment of truth. The body sends a surge of adrenaline through your veins itís the natural high your body craves and as a hunter you seek. As the your adrenaline spikes your senses heighten your predator instincts kick in, funneling your vision towards the task at hand and yet there is a sense of haziness time slows down, your peripheral vision narrows and as fast as it came its gone. The adrenaline is soon replaced by the feeling of remorse and respect to the animal for what it has just provided and all becomes clear. Your celebration of the harvest is greeted by fellow hunters, friends and family requesting the sharing of the story in order to visualize your success and in a way be there in that moment with you. You find it hard to accurately portray the entire event because of the adrenaline rush you have experienced and as the years come and go the memory becomes so hazy it seems to be just a dream with the only proof that it is not a dream is a dusty set of antlers on the wall. The day will come when your body proves to be too weak to withstand the cold harsh elements and are replaced with early mornings spent around indoors sipping hot coffee with friends that you have known all your life reminiscing of past years "First Days". You feel as though you would do anything to be able to be in those moments again to experience the rush your body still craves, to vividly be able to walk through each moment with the clarity as though it was actively happening. So you go to the television and pull up the old footage and laugh at each other at how bad you were shaking before the shot or how your facial expression was priceless after realizing that you had made an excellent shot. That is the reason we film our hunts itís to preserve them in a virtual time capsule where at any moment they can be relived and shared.

This is the hunt that started this addiction to filming our hunts: http://youtu.be/GMX69Eg6OVs

May there be no mistakes that this day and many others like it was spent in the company of friends enjoying each other and saving this memory in full clarity for a lifetime.

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:32 AM

Re: The filmed harvest that started it all. . .(Video)

I have no problem with people filming their own hunts but to me I don't need to have it on film to preserve them. When I'm in the woods part of it is being away from it all. Big part of camp to me is coming in after a hunt and everyone telling their story of their experiences that hunt and hearing stories from the past. I do enjoy watching some other people's self filmed hunts but just something I'm not interested in personally.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Send a message via AIM to Rephy212

Awesome write up! But why'd you have to do it in February?! The archery opener is a long way off!! Looks like we will have to get our fix on trout and turkey in the mean time! Cool video too by the way! Neat to see where it all started!

It Is What It Is Outdoors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Haha very true wasn't the best timing but I couldn't help it I stumbled into the footage while archiving the endless hours of film I have and just had to edit it and put it up! Only thing I can say is there is no off season for deer now's the time to bee shed hunting taking tail camera surveys to see what bucks made it through I plan on filming some videos on land management how to enhance what ground you have to make it more attachable for deer to reside there year around and of course plenty videos of us fly fishing for trout and turkey hunting!

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuda44
I have no problem with people filming their own hunts but to me I don't need to have it on film to preserve them. When I'm in the woods part of it is being away from it all. Big part of camp to me is coming in after a hunt and everyone telling their story of their experiences that hunt and hearing stories from the past. I do enjoy watching some other people's self filmed hunts but just something I'm not interested in personally.
Agreed. 100% I would rather not film it and let it live in my memory the way I remember it.....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

You guys that are agianst filming your hunts... WHY ON EARTH are you looking at the outdoor VIDEO MAKERS forum??!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Nice video! I have to two sons and have been wanting to video our hunts for several years now. Well I just got my HD camcorder from Campbell Cameras the other day so hopefully you'll start seeing videos from us here in Armstrong Co. ....Thumper

Check us out at www.gripngrinoutdoors.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page