P90X - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

P90X

has anyone done this program? Got it for the wife and we haven't really put the time aside to do the program> space is a problem as well. Other than that i just try and get to the gym for strength training.
Get my cardio from hiking and hill climbing, admittedly is not enough.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
The Man

Re: P90X

I've done it.... I love the recipes, and workouts but they tend to take over your whole life. It gets to be a very time consuming workout routine. Plyometrics and Yoga were probably my favorite ones.

It's great, don't get me wrong. You will see results if you follow it. It helped me develop some really good habits, and I love a lot of the recipes in there. It just gets very time consuming after a while.

Live, Love, Laugh.

If that don't work...

Raise, Aim and Fire. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/uzi.gif[/img]
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindtiger
I've done it.... I love the recipes, and workouts but they tend to take over your whole life. It gets to be a very time consuming workout routine. Plyometrics and Yoga were probably my favorite ones.

It's great, don't get me wrong. You will see results if you follow it. It helped me develop some really good habits, and I love a lot of the recipes in there. It just gets very time consuming after a while.
I never tried it just because of this. My schedule is very dynamic at times, and I would never be able keep this workout schedule for very long. Also, even the professional athletes take time off to recover. That's why you need to develop your own workout that works for, and you can set realistic goals. JMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

it's a money maker for the company and a burden for the consumer. The program works but it isn't sustainable in the long run. Most people I know have gone backwards after about 6 months.

For those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles..
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
The Man

It is crazy hard, but as others have said, if you can stick with it, you WILL get results.

I have to agree though, it is time consuming...

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Nes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstiegel
it's a money maker for the company and a burden for the consumer. The program works but it isn't sustainable in the long run. Most people I know have gone backwards after about 6 months.
What is meant by going backwards. I was considering it or the 10 minuate trainer as a substitute. What is your opinion of it?

Think before you share your thoughts!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Anything that you see advertised on television that looks to good to be true usually is- YEs, the videos do work in the short term, but they are not sustainable in the long run. Our culture is is so desperate for the next "quick fix" they overlook the fact that they aren't changing themselves from the inside out. If an individual doesn't examine themselves thoroughly and chooses to focus on a short term gimmick rather than a true lifestlye change, then in the long run they are most likely to go back to their old ways. Then, was the money they really spent really worth it? Did they really do anything to produce clinically significant changes in their health? Trust me, I have about 200 clients that I coach in Weight Loss and I would say that 90% yo yo becasue they put their hope in gimmick products and fad diets. It really isn't that hard, guys. An individuals main focus should be to make exercise and healthy eating as natural and habitual as going to the bathroom. Those products don't promote that- don't waster your money or time.

ONe more thing, there is a good book out there called body for life- it is somewhat a promotion for the bodybuilding.com website but it has many great examples of people who have truly made lifestyle changes for the better. Check it out

For those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles..
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

As I'm getting older, I find my self gravitating more towards core strength exercises.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 PM

It is absolutely worth it. For you saying that it is time consuming sure it is. But you can do it right in your living room. How long does it take you to go to the gym? It works great, I've completed it 6 times. I love this workout. I will make small changes here and there now that I've done it so many times. As I've gotten older I changed from going to the gym and lifting heavy and have worked more towards overall fitness and this will do that.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. Not sure why this would be called gimmicky. I have heard that it's a life style change and it's not easy. The majority of people say it works, so where's the gimmick?
Obviously one is always able to tweak the workout for what works best for them.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page