Birthdays come and go but it's good they keep happening - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By uncle buck
  • 1 Post By Birch812

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Talking Birthdays come and go but it's good they keep happening

Wow tomorrow I will be 70 years old. Most people say I really look more like 99. JJ You think over the years of how many times you almost were a goner. Just being in some of the places and situations in the Coast Guard I know God was with me.. I remember one time in Japan.. Had I made the wrong decision they probably would have never found my body.. HA HA..

I feel saddened over the years of the poor souls that have died young...There is a time and place for everything and God has a plan when it's your time to go... What is really sad for example is when I was on the Coast Guard cutter my Executive Officer who I worked with often daily. He served in Vietnam and was the CO of an 82 footer. It really don't want to go into specifics of what happened to him on one single event over there . However it made him a alcoholic and to make a long story short at his next duty station at the CG academy he took a 45 and blew his brains out. Then you have you friends that die around 50 years old from massive heart attacks. Then other CG shipmates that die in the line of duty.. Just serving with them and they get their buoy tender chopped in half by a freighter and such..Here you are talking to them on your unit. you get out and then they get killed. Makes you think. Wow I could have been on the cutter or such.

Anyway enjoy life... Love your family. hope your deer drag is shorter now then when you were younger...If you should ever meet me it will be ok if you say.. UB you old fart you do look 99 years old.. One last thing...if you don't know God get to know him...
bigguy54 likes this.

Last edited by uncle buck; 09-30-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage

Happy Birthday
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM
The Man

Happy Birthday UB, ya got 4 years on me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:50 AM

Happy Birthday.

You got me by 3 years. I don't feel old but almost every morning a different joint or muscle feels it needs to remind me i'm not 21 anymore.
bigguy54 likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Frequent Contributor

Happy Birthday you old fart, you do look 99. LOL enjoy my friend.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
Wow tomorrow I will be 70 years old. Most people say I really look more like 99.
I'll catch up to ya on Nov, 19th! My once red hair is now gray and have a few wrinkles here and there but overall I'm in pretty darn good shape considering some of the crazy stuff I did in my younger days.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page