Wine. is it good for your heart? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By simoncool

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Question Wine. is it good for your heart?

Heard tell a glass of red wine each day is good for the heart.. If so I bet that homemade Italian wine that they make in towns like Pittston Pa would be good for the heart.. Something I talk to many of the women from my high school class. They drink wine.. a lot of wine. Sounds like some drink more than a glass a day.. Specially at night time before retiring... Heard tell that women can get breast cancer from drinking to much wine.. WINE does it make people WHINE? Me I do drink a glass of white whine dry now and then... The red wine Merlot is probably good for the heart if that red wine thing is true!!! So what your open on wine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:01 PM
The Man

1 and only 1 at supper.I will not do that if I'm going to drive that eve.Just not worth it.I also here wine in women causes cancer while in men it is good for their heart.The key is NOT to over indulge in anything.

The answers to all of life's questions are found in the Bible!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:36 AM

No alcohol is "GOOD" for you. will a little here and there hurt you probably not the key is moderation. All the "GOOD" you can take from a glass of wine at dinner etc could be achieved with a supplement or extra fruits in your diet without the alcohol truth be told.
Now that being said I have a hang over as I "OVER" indulged in southern comfort last night because I had a long crappy day working on house projects and needed a stress reliever! LOL

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The healthy substance in red wine is resveratrol. Can be found in greater quantities in grapes and berries. I generally eat about a pound of grapes a day. Often you can get a cheap bottle of red wine for less money than a pound of grapes. I may have to start drinking a bottle of cheap red wine a day and apply the difference to hunting equipment! Sounds like more fun any way you look at it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage

Actually Dragman, I will take the word of physician over yours, the guy who has no problem with pot.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Actually Dragman, I will take the word of physician over yours, the guy who has no problem with pot.
LOL,
I hope your physician is in better physical shape and has better blood markers than me.

I don't have an issue with POT as you call it in some instances, it's MUCH MUCH less problematic and has less adverse effects than the opioids the DR's prescribe. beware listening to someone who gets bribed and paid off my insurance and big pharma.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post
beware listening to someone who gets bribed and paid off my insurance and big pharma.
I couldn't agree with you more on this one. My doc tries to get me on statins everytime I'm in there, despite healthy cholesterol numbers. Only thing I can figure is he wants the pharma perks.
dragman likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page