2nd chemo treatnment - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

2nd chemo treatnment

I need some advice ,help ,direction, about 6 weeks ago I was told I have cancer , bowel and in liver, I started chemo shortly after, The frist treatment went well ,I did not know what to expect, (treatment was on wedneesday, and I come home with a pump on for two days, it comes of on Friday) by Monday of next week I was fine ,well good, mowed grass and could do things, here it is Monday and I an still not well, I am dizzy at times, done want to eat and the taste in my mouth is well the smell of Gym Seal, I have hard wood floors that I used that on until they tock from the market. any suggestions as to get rid of taste ? I understand that the treatments are communitive , I guess I would like to hear from others as to what they did to make it through this, I will let you all know that I an a survivor not a victim, thanks for your help treedaddy I am taking a pain pill ,and a no get sick pill , the no get sick pill makes me dizzy to the point I would vomit some to not be dizzy and I only tock the no sick pill till sunday am. then quit , I can't quit the pain pill as it starts to hurt, I also know GOD is pulling for me. this was hard for me to write as I am a private person, thanks for you help!
bigguy54 likes this.

"one hand clapping" mork from ork
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:25 PM

I'm NOT a cancer survivor, but I was pretty sick in 2017, and spent 23 days in the hospital. My best advice is to communicate with, and listen to your doctors, take your prescribed medications, and keep the faith ! My prayers to you.
bigguy54 and Dogface like this.

R.I.P. WCO Dave Grove ... You will never be forgotten.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
I have no information to help you tree daddy but just wanted to say you sound like your made of pretty tough stuff. You'll get through this. Hope somebody else has some helpful answers.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM

Be strong Treedaddy . I'll be having dinner with a close friend tomorrow afternoon . She has fought cancer for 9 years now . Dinner may not be a appropriate time with everyone there , but I'll speak privately with her ASAP for you . The Lord is on your side buddy . You WILL get through this .
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 02:17 PM
The Man

My best to you Treedaddy. Hang in there.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 02:38 PM

Wishing you well with your treatments on the road to recovery.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 04:27 PM

1st, wishing you well & prayers for you.
2nd, although we are all human we react to the same things differently.

example: one family member of mine went through chemo with very few side affects, another was down for a week afterwards.

so again, I wish you the best.

NRA life member
DU member
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have no advice, I wish I did.. Just want to wish you well in your treatments. Stay tough my friend
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 05:09 PM
The Man

At age 58 my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had difficult chemo sessions and laid in bed a lot afterward. At her 1 year checkup, it was discovered that the cancer had returned so she had another surgery and a longer and stronger chemo series that really knocked the crap out of her. She essentially lost two years of her life through all of it.

Yet she survived and is now 71 with clean checkups now. Being treated for cancer is not easy physically or mentally for the patient or their family. But stick with it, have faith, and don't give up no matter what. There are new treatment options being developed all the time. Best of luck to you.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

thank you all

"one hand clapping" mork from ork

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page