New Goal (might hit it tomorrow) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dragman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

New Goal (might hit it tomorrow)

I have been working back up to a max bench since doing a de-load while on vacation. I use a rotating schedule and hit chest every 6 days. While working up to hit this max I am using dumbbells inclined. I stay away from going super heavy on flat barbell over fear of injury that is why incline dumbbell is where I go heavy.

The two challenges for me in hitting my goal is heavy dumbbells are:
1 - getting into position - it's really hard to get back and going when the weight gets heavy. So my target # of reps is 4. If I can get 1 rep I can usually get at least 4 if it's too heavy I can't get them going since I don't have enough spotting assistance.
2 - My gym! dumbbells go 100,105,110,120,130,145,160,175. I got the 130's and I feel I can go up to the 145's and hit my goal but I don't like that big of a jump 30lbs across both arms is a big leap.

So tomorrow we will see do I get 145's for 4 reps or do I injure myself and die trying lol
Born2Hunt likes this.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

FAIL! LOL got to the 130's felt great. I just didn't have "it" for the 145's - maybe next week.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page