Ideal weight and bf% - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Ideal weight and bf%

Real BF % not the crap the calculator online gives you.
Just curious what everyone's ideal build would be??? And is it something you are trying to achieve??

I would like to be sub 10% BF and be able to walk around at over 210. at 5'11'' that would be about as big as I want to be for 6 months of the year. I wouldn't have a problem being 230's at 12-13% in the winter.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:11 PM
dce
Sage

No idea.I'm 5'10" and looked at felt my best around 198lbs.Now I'm closer to 215 and feel and look kinda like a slob.
NanookOdaNorth likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'm 6'3", 230 lbs. and that suits me about right. About 20 years ago I got sick and went from 240 lbs to 185 lbs in about 4 months. According to the "charts" my ideal body weight is about 185. At 185 I looked and felt like death warmed over. Not sure of my BMI or % body fat, but I'm sure the tables would say that's not ideal either.

'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:38 PM
dce
Sage

About 15 years ago,I was right at 198-200lbs and probably in the best shape of my life.I had to take a physical for health insurance and they declined me because they said I was 26lbs overweight lol.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

LOL got to love insurance companies. Only people that can tell you to go get unhealthy so they can insure you. No wonder we pay so much!

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:51 PM
The Man

6'3 213lbs right now . Have a slight gut that I want to get rid of. It's tricky though because I am trying to eat more to gain mass and avoiding doing too much cardio. Going to go to the gym tonight to run on the treadmill though.
In the next few months I would like to weigh closer to 220 with no gut.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 01:56 PM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
6'3 213lbs right now . Have a slight gut that i want to get rid of. It's tricky though because i am trying to eat more to gain mass and avoiding doing too much cardio. Going to go to the gym tonight to run on the treadmill though.
In the next few months i would like to weigh closer to 220 with no gut.
lol.same here and a tough nut to crack.
steelhead125 likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 02:41 PM

When I graduated high school I was a 140 pound bag of bones. I hit the growth spurt in college all the good athletes in my high school hit when they were about 14. When I graduated college, I was a hair short of 6' and about 185, I felt I was at my athletic peak balancing strength, speed, and flexibility. At that time I was working out a lot, mostly eating decent, and drinking a crap ton of beer. Not sure how reliable it was but I remember doing a body fat thing at work and was 15%. I wouldn't want to have been much thinner that that so I'd say that was my ideal. I'm at 200 now, and I still feel decent but can't imagine putting on another 10 pounds. I may be a bit more of an immovable object but I've definitely lost a step and some flexibility. I have some dad strength now but would imagine most of that 15 pounds I put on is lard. So just by extrapolating that I have to be sitting about 20% now. Wouldn't mind getting back to 15% if I ever find the time to workout again.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
lol.same here and a tough nut to crack.
It's all in what you eat IMHO.
clean foods that digest well and enough fiber so pooping isn't a problem and you should be good.

I am around 200lbs now and have most of my 6 pack visible really don't want to get any lighter I figure a few more months and add 2-3lbs of good mass and I will be to my target.

With cardio if it's for fat loss specifically I highly suggest slow steady state cardio over any kind of running. If your want I can explain all the reasons why it's much better than running for fat loss. cardio health and training and fat loss are very different animals.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 03:11 PM
dce
Sage

I was never into cardio although I'm active daily and still hit the gym every morning.I'll be 50 on my next birthday but I still lift kinda heavy.I'm just a bit more careful.I was in my prime up until about 40.I never power lifted because my squat was weak but I had a raw,drug free bench of 405 at 198lbs.Back then I could rep 225 clean over 30 times.I still have a rep record for doing my body weight(205) 38 times.Flat bench is an unnatural movement and I abused my body by doing it.A few years ago,I started feeling a strange click in my rt shoulder when I benched so I quit doing it altogether.I never had anything done to it or even looked at but it feels about 95% today.I'm old,past my prime and nobody gives a crap how much I can lift or how big I am.I just lift out of habitat and to maintain what I have.My son turns 13 in a couple of weeks and I've been focusing on him for the past year.He wrestles and play baseball pretty serious.I'm trying to get him going and trying to do it right.As far as 6 packs and ab's go.Unlike you,I have an AB lol.I'm pretty active but I eat terrible.Like you said,diet is everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page