New Years resolutions - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By treemouse

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

New Years resolutions

Looks like I only have a few more weeks in the gym not being bothered by to many other members. Soon 2018 will be here and they will flock to the gym to get into shape. I wonder if this section will pick back up at the same time????

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 04:52 PM

New Years and right before hunting seasons. I had the local park to pretty much to myself today running laps. Been lifting Mon., Wed. and Fri. for 40+ yrs. Started running when I started sitting at a desk, and realized walking wasn't enough for me. Retired 7 yrs. and still at it, just not as fast.
dragman likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM
The Man

Won't pick up from me. I bought my own elliptical and weights a couple years ago just so I could get away from people judging what I was doing and I could also keep from crowding them in their gyms...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

I need to pick up a treadmill for the house so I can double up on my cardio at night some days. I do it 5-6 days a week after my workouts.
Now I have weights but I don't have the room or all the weight I would want to work out at home. I just can't get into the home workout thing I can't "turn it on" like I can at the gym. But it all depends on the goals you have too I suppose.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:31 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemouse View Post
New Years and right before hunting seasons. I had the local park to pretty much to myself today running laps. Been lifting Mon., Wed. and Fri. for 40+ yrs. Started running when I started sitting at a desk, and realized walking wasn't enough for me. Retired 7 yrs. and still at it, just not as fast.

Is this Jack Lalane?

Bad back and a bony knee prevents me from running I use a elliptical that's a love/hate relationship

I still eat too much though. but I better get my butt in gear got a Elk hunt in Wy. this Sept. 2018 .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Sept will be here before you know it for sure.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Is this Jack Lalane?

Hey Jeff Lalane. Get yourself a Bowflex Tread Climber. Combo of a treadmill and elliptical. About an hour on that and I'm dripping sweat. Usually put a fan on while using it. That would get your big butt ready for that elk hunt.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Yep. All those XL-3XL yoga pants that were received as Christmas gifts will be on display at the gym for the next couple of weeks. By February they'll be back on their usual display; parading around Walmart....

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCozhunter View Post
Yep. All those XL-3XL yoga pants that were received as Christmas gifts will be on display at the gym for the next couple of weeks. By February they'll be back on their usual display; parading around Walmart....
I am happy to have something to look at for the next month LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page