What did you do today????? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

What did you do today?????

I think we should have a thread here to post what you did today to go in a positive direction for your health.... did you walk, workout, split wood, or just eat healthy??? I think everyone want's at least 90% the same thing in some way so why not see what everyone is doing to help themselves.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Today? nuttin, yet

Sun, 3.2 miles walk, road, meat and veggies.
Mon 3.2 miles road, meat and veggies
Tues 44min @[email protected] incline on treadmill. Made a turkey and tossed the bones in the crockpot for bone broth. (good for joints). Had some taters and veggies.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Pretty set schedule for me.

Sunday - Run at least 20 minutes at a 7 minute per mile pace. Light Strength training
Monday - Run at least 20 minutes at a 7 minute per mile pace. Light Strength training
Tuesday - At least an hour of pick up basketball, usually more.
Wednesday - Run at least 17 minutes at a 7 minute per mile pace. Light Strength training
Thursday - At least an hour of pick up basketball, usually more.
Friday - Occasional rest day if hurting from basketball, but usually at least 17 minutes of running at 7 min per mile pace with light strength training
Saturday - Run at least 20 minutes at a 7 minute per mile pace in addition to a usual Saturday hike/walk.

Diet wise, avoid processed foods as best I can: fruits, nuts for snacks. Avoid boxed, processed dinners. Avoid snacking after dinner.

My official diet tip is as follows. Avoid anything with added sugars or processed foods in general. I am by no means a big person and didn't really need to lose weight, but about 3-4 years ago, I decided I was done eating foods with added sugar for a while. My wife and I only kept foods with a single ingredient on them in them house to snack on: fruits, vegetables, nuts.

Without even trying, I lost 10 pounds in a month simply by avoiding processed foods with added sugar while keeping a moderate exercise routine. I found that the fruits, nuts, and veggies suppressed my appetite far more than any processed foods ever could, causing me to not only eat healthy but less at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

I slept in today! LOL I will continue my strict diet today and do some walk/jogging for around 20 minutes when I get home tonight, and do legs and abs tomorrow morning at the gym.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
So far today, woke up. That's always a plus

Couple eggs/whites for protein and a whole grain roll. Going to the gym midday for 40 minutes cardio and some light leg work.

I ride the bike to work 3 days a week, 15 miles each way. When I get here I go to the gym and work one of the major muscle groups. On the off days from riding I take a walk at lunch time.

Like tpr25, I'm not trying to lose weight, rather just trying to stay healthy. I too gave up processed and sugar added foods years ago. The majority of my carbs come from veggies, nuts, and fruit. Any breads or pastas that I eat are from whole grain.

51 years old and I'm in measurably better shape than at 35. Measured by BP, blood work, and weight.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.

Last edited by BCozhunter; 04-13-2017 at 01:58 AM.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Woke up did legs and abs at gym for a good hour then some light Cardio after. Have my meals all pieced out today to keep my timing and caloriesee correct for my plan. 11 more weeks of hard cutting before I take a 4 week brake to recover and maintain.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Shoulders today! good day at the gym really hit them hard. I will be heavier on protein today and probably higher calories (1800) and tomorrow I will do some intermittent fasting and only have around 600 calories.

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM

Now that I'm feeling better, I switched up my workouts a little. Been running a 2-day split for the last few weeks. Chest/Back/Arms and Legs/Shoulders/Abs workouts each twice per week. So far so good.

I'm trying to lean out a little for summer and shooting to slowly lose between 8-10 pounds. I'm about halfway there now. My diet is generally OK, so all I've really been doing is basically cutting my carb intake in half.
dragman likes this.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

What I did on my summer vacation, I woke up. Went to the downtown, to look for a job, then I hung out in front of the drug store.
The second day of my summer vacation, I woke up. Went to the downtown, to look for a job, then I hung out in front of the drug store
BCozhunter likes this.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Took the dog for a walk, roughly 1 hr. My poor lab got pretty hot in this weather. Lucky for me the easter bunny did not show up at my house so the temptation to eat chocolate wasn't there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page