Closing In... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Closing In...

...on my target weight.

If you read some of my older posts I struggled with motivation and shedding some pounds. I am happy to report I found my motivation.....money. I found that if I paid a doctor to help me lose the weight I would.

Not the way I wanted to do it but I have gone from 240 to 220 in about 2 month. There is little to no exercise involved it was just a matter of changing my eating habits. Add to that now that my back is mostly feeling good I can incorporate the exercise I desperately need.

My goal is 215 and I am closing in on that. I may make an adjustment though because I would like to lose more fat and gain some muscle mass and still be at 215.

Anyhow, thought I would share. It isn't ideal motivation but it is working. I paid some money now changed my habits.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:57 PM

Re: Closing In...

Awesome!

Whatever works, do it, as long as its healthy!

Keep us posted.

We have similar goals (215 range). I was at 240 also, changed eating habits @ 4 months ago, now I'm at 225. In the past month started exercising more vigorously and fine-tuning diet more, my goal is 210. 200 would be even better.

BH

When was the last time you heard somebody say "Go ahead, it's a free country"?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I joined Weight Watchers 3 months ago. I've lost almost 38 pounds and a I feel great. Good job on the weight loss Backwoods. It's not an easy thing to do and it's a lifetime commitment to healthy eating that will keep it off. Of course, the occasional pizza is permissible.

An archer shoots his targets as far as he can. A bowhunter shoots his target as close as possible.

Mathews Vertix - Catfish Custom Bowstrings - HHA Kingpin Lite
QAD MXT - Wickstick Stabilizers - Bowfinger Ulitmate Mount
Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum - Carter 1st Choice
https://buckstick.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:35 PM

Good work backwoods. Keep it up. Last February I decided that I needed to make a change after a late season archery hunt left me sore for days on end just from a little walking around with the climber on my back in 5"-6" of snow.

I went with the beachbody in home workouts and went from 215 to 185. I am back around 190ish. My weight changes are based on the different programs I do. Some are very cardio based and I lose weight with those. The weight training based programs cause me to gain muscle like what is happening now.

Keep up the hard work. I believe 90% of your results are determined by you nutrition and 10% the hard work with the program.

Keep it up and you will reach your goals. Best of luck from another struggling along to get back in shape. I also encourage you to have the occasional pizza.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 10:24 PM

Great job fellas!! I have been on weight watchers about 4 years and it saved my life. I went from 340 to now hover from around 170-180 depending on my eating habits. To be life member though, my first weigh-in of the month can`t be more than 176 so I make sure I am at least there

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM

Keep it up. I've lost 92 pounds in the last 2 years. I've seemed to have settled in the 205-210 area. I imagine if I stopped drinking beer for a month I could get down to 200 but that would just be silly. I run about 30 miles a week. Counting calories and exercising is the key.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the support guys. I regressed a little due to a long weekend with friends but back at it.

I've changed my goals a bit, I am going to target 200 pounds for weight loss but hopefully end at around 210-215 with some gains in muscle.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 PM

Losing weight is very hard and I have found maintaining the weight I get to the hardest. I am so burnt out physically, mentally and emotionally it`s crazy. I have been eating way too much and have gained 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I finally stopped Saturday and have 2 great days in. We`ll see how long I can go

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 06:45 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
...on my target weight.

If you read some of my older posts I struggled with motivation and shedding some pounds. I am happy to report I found my motivation.....money. I found that if I paid a doctor to help me lose the weight I would.

Not the way I wanted to do it but I have gone from 240 to 220 in about 2 month. There is little to no exercise involved it was just a matter of changing my eating habits. Add to that now that my back is mostly feeling good I can incorporate the exercise I desperately need.

My goal is 215 and I am closing in on that. I may make an adjustment though because I would like to lose more fat and gain some muscle mass and still be at 215.

Anyhow, thought I would share. It isn't ideal motivation but it is working. I paid some money now changed my habits.
That's great congrats!.

I agree whatever it takes. I'm at the point where I think I am going to hire a personal trainer. I just can't seem to get it done on my own anymore. A few years ago I lost 30 lbs with diet and exercise. But regrettably I gained it all back.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 07:00 PM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
Thank you for the support guys. I regressed a little due to a long weekend with friends but back at it.

I've changed my goals a bit, I am going to target 200 pounds for weight loss but hopefully end at around 210-215 with some gains in muscle.
Stop in at the TL gym any morning.I'm there every morning at 7:30.Diet and exercise is great but it works better if you incporporate some resistance into the program.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page