Insulin Pump Users - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Insulin Pump Users

Anyone use a Medtronic Paradigm Insulin Pump, and if so have you noticed the reservoirs leaking lately? My glucose readings where higher than normal and the last time I went to the Dr my A1c was higher than it ever was. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on then I noticed a strong smell of insulin inside my pump. Long story short after trying a new pump and several different boxes of reservoirs I am switching over to another brand of pump.

The reason I posted this is so if anyone is using a medtronic pump make sure you check it out. I went for a while not knowing it was leaking. I've used the Medtronic pump probably about ten years now and I never had any trouble with it until recently.

Not to mention deer and other critters can probably smell the insulin a mile away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Re: Insulin Pump Users

I use one. I had that problem a while back, I think that it had to do with the design of the venting on the reservoirs? I haven't had problems since I got the new version that works with the enlite sensors (not sure what its called atm.) And yes, I am 100% certain that deer could smell insulin a LONG way off! I can smell it from across the room!

A bad day hunting rabbits beats a good day of anything else!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
The Man

You probably have the Paradigm pump then. That is the one I am having trouble with at the moment. I don't think it's the pump as much as the reservoirs though. How do you like using the sensor? I used it when they first came out and found them to be not as useful as I though they would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 PM

No it's definitely the reservoirs. There is supposed to be a vent on them and if it gets clogged with insulin they will leak. I loved the sensors while my insurance covered them. My blood sugar stayed in ideal range for the few months I was able to get them. I am actually working on getting a medical necessity script sent to my medical provider for them.

A bad day hunting rabbits beats a good day of anything else!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page