Knee Surgery - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Knee Surgery

I'm having arthroscopic Surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus Monday morning? I think I tore it chasing deer around in the fall. Any of you ever had this procedure? If so, How was it?, Recovery time? and did it fix the problem?

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:49 PM
New Arrival

Re: Knee Surgery

yes should be same day surgery.sore for a little while but nothing real majior.fixed the problem.youll be fine in about 2 to 3mnths tops
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:51 PM
New Arrival

just do what the doctor says and youll be fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

just do the therapy, and listen to the doc. I had mine done but rushed it and tore it again.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:58 PM
The Man

I'm going to give you the opposite opinion. I had the same surgery last year on both knees; one in January and the other in March. The pain never really let up, and I suffered all thru this past hunting season. In my case, I really needed replacements, but the doc didn't want to do them cause I was too young (I'm 51). My knees were deteriorating so badly on the insides that I was starting to become bow-legged. I talked to another doc, and he compared the surgeries I had to putting band-aids on gunshot wounds. I bit the bullet and had partial replacements in both knees two weeks ago. I'm still in a lot of discomfort, but doing therapy every day. Do you know anything about Bakers cysts?

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackmaster4
I'm going to give you the opposite opinion. I had the same surgery last year on both knees; one in January and the other in March. The pain never really let up, and I suffered all thru this past hunting season. In my case, I really needed replacements, but the doc didn't want to do them cause I was too young (I'm 51). My knees were deteriorating so badly on the insides that I was starting to become bow-legged. I talked to another doc, and he compared the surgeries I had to putting band-aids on gunshot wounds. I bit the bullet and had partial replacements in both knees two weeks ago. I'm still in a lot of discomfort, but doing therapy every day. Do you know anything about Bakers cysts?
Sounds like your knees where in bad shape. I've never had any problems with my knees other than this tear. Doc says I should be fine, but maybe develop a little arthritis were he cut out the tear. Hope your replacements work out for ya.

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 AM
The Man

Yeah, I've had knee troubles for a long time. Hopefully your surgery will do exactly what it's supposed to. Good luck to you.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Part of the Community

Is your knee locking up?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

No, not locking up. Just really tight left of center with sharp pain from time to time. I would have good days with no pain, but could always feel that something was wrong. Pain finally got unbearable about 3 weeks ago, so I found me a surgeon.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:25 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My brother tore one of his last spring chasing a gobbler he just shot down over a mountain. My dad tore both of his as well at work. They both had surgeries and are much better afterwards. They never had a lot of pain after the surgery and were back to normal in about a month. Do your therapy and you'll be better off. My dad slacked on his therapy after his second surgery and it shows.

Iím a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page