Senate Bill 147 Vote - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Senate Bill 147 Vote

On Tuesday, September 10, the House Game and Fisheries Committee is scheduled to consider pro-hunting legislation, Senate Bill 147. This measure passed the Senate with strong bipartisan support in June. Please contact members of the House Game and Fisheries Committee and strongly urge them to SUPPORT Senate Bill 147.

Message sent through the below link, as well as personalized email directly to my area's representative expressing my support for this bill as well as urging them to support any legislation that would give regulatory authority over Sunday hunting to the PGC. I urge you all to do the same.

https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/6043

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 06:42 PM

Unfortunately, this bill has been watered down to the point that it does not do what it originally intended, which was grant regulatory authority to the PGC. This bill still provides legislative mandates of Sunday hunting and does not allow the PGC to independently regulate hunting on Sundays.

It is just more meddling. I oppose.
Vonfoust likes this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Opposed. I agree with DPMS. Yeah it might be a start but with only 3 Sundays you can bet there will be a lot off ticked off hunters when none of those Sundays fall on the seasons they prefer. Thats why i keep saying give it to the youth. They love using the youth as an excuse to get changes passed for their agenda. All this bill does is to appease some hunters to keep them quiet and you may not see more Sundays added for years. Thats the main reason for my opposition. Its hard to spread 3 Sundays for a whole hunting season to make many happy.
Vonfoust likes this.

4B

Last edited by pchunter1231; 09-07-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Sage

In lieu of back to to a perpetual zilch....SB 147 is a start.

FULLY SUPPORT!!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Unfortunately, this bill has been watered down to the point that it does not do what it originally intended, which was grant regulatory authority to the PGC. This bill still provides legislative mandates of Sunday hunting and does not allow the PGC to independently regulate hunting on Sundays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
In lieu of back to to a perpetual zilch....SB 147 is a start.
Both of those are part of the personal emails I wrote and sent. PGC should be given regulatory authority over all Sundays throughout the year, and 147 is a good first step.

dpms, I understand your reason for opposition, but I would rethink that. This is a good first step, one I think may sway some of those outright opposed to SH, once they realize the skies didn't darken, churches didn't collapse, and the world didn't end because we hunted on Sundays.
bohunr, Loggy, cspot and 2 others like this.

Shoot straight

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Yeah it might be a start but with only 3 Sundays you can bet there will be a lot off ticked off hunters when none of those Sundays fall on the seasons they prefer. Its hard to spread 3 Sundays for a whole hunting season to make many happy.
I agree it'll upset some for the reason you state. But I also think it could sway those outright opposed to Sunday hunting, because we all know that they will also be hunting the available days. And, if for nothing else, because they are mad that they didn't get "their" Sundays, they might get a hunger to fight for more.
bohunr, pchunter1231 and cspot like this.

Shoot straight

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCozhunter View Post
I agree it'll upset some for the reason you state. But I also think it could sway those outright opposed to Sunday hunting, because we all know that they will also be hunting the available days. And, if for nothing else, because they are mad that they didn't get "their" Sundays, they might get a hunger to fight for more.
Even though i agree with your statement but we all know how PA hunters operate. Many hang it up when something new doesnt fit their agenda. We will just see how it pans out. The house has to pass it first before everyone gets to excited. If it passes or not September 10th there will be a blow up on here and many other social outlets. Even more so if it does pass as you will have the non hunters going crazy that they think they will be shot on those 3 days.

4B
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Even more so if it does pass as you will have the non hunters going crazy that they think they will be shot on those 3 days.
All the more reason to urge our reps to push for regulatory control of Sundays to be given to the PGC. If it stays with the legislature, all those people have more of a say than we ever could.
bohunr likes this.

Shoot straight

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage

My typing fingers are numb from all the time I have contacted my reps. Our voices do certainly count as they were successful in changing the minimum Elk Caliber plus grandfathering in the Pheasant Stamp for Sr Lifetime License holders on the books at time of regulation enactment.
bohunr likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCozhunter View Post

dpms, I understand your reason for opposition, but I would rethink that. This is a good first step, one I think may sway some of those outright opposed to SH, once they realize the skies didn't darken, churches didn't collapse, and the world didn't end because we hunted on Sundays.
I hope you are right but all indications are that this is just a bone to appease some of the SH supporters hoping that the issue can die for awhile. Problem is, our elected officials, and society is general, is trending away from pro gun and pro hunting/trapping. I believe we(hunters) would better off to to take a stand and let out thoughts be known that the bill is garbage and that we demand a full regulatory transfer of Sunday hunting to our game agency.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page