Posted Land? - Page 4 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM
The Man

Might be just the tremendous exposure because of the internet, but when I was coming up through the ranks over 50 yrs ago, a lot of people were against doe hunting, and a lot of farms around here had signs saying "NO DOE HUNTING". To my recollection that issue never got the heavy press that the sunday hunting has gotten. The ones saying they will close their land because of sunday hunting, and not wanting to be disturbed on Sunday, all they have to do is post "NO SUNDAY HUNTING" signs. I think a lot of landowners are making a mountain out of a molehill. It's no different than a landowner along a river or creek posting no fishing signs. Simple......See the sign, move on

I gotta go agitate the techies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAWC View Post
I wish they would outlaw morel mushroom hunting on Sundays. Then I could have the satisfaction of knowing I would not have trespassers on Sunday when I'm trying to enjoy my land.

Where is your land? I will personally come out on Sundays during morel mushroom season and patrol it for you. I'm a sizable fella and can be quite intimidating. Of course, this has nothing to do with me trying to weasel into your morel mushroom patches.
bigguy54 likes this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Where is your land? I will personally come out on Sundays during morel mushroom season and patrol it for you. I'm a sizable fella and can be quite intimidating. Of course, this has nothing to do with me trying to weasel into your morel mushroom patches.
GPS coordinates along with a check for the first patrol duty are in the mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen View Post
.... I can't say that Sunday hunting will be the end of hunting on my property, but it will be the end of giving warnings....
Why wait?

IMHO, it would be good for everyone to see a few miscreants convicted of Agricultural Trespass and written up in the paper.
bigguy54 likes this.

If Sunday hunting was not already illegal, who among us would not laugh at making it so?
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
Why wait?

IMHO, it would be good for everyone to see a few miscreants convicted of Agricultural Trespass and written up in the paper.
who is going to write the paperwork? The PGC saw to it that the WCO's can't/won't. State troopers rarely respond to trespassing calls and often tell the owners it is a civil matter. One York County Police Chief went to a township meeting and advised residents to post their property because of a rash of illegal ATV riding. He actually told the people that unless the property was posted, there was nothing the police could do. He did not even know that the property did not have to be posted for ATV riding to be crime on private property. A news paper reporter there knew better and tactfully asked him about that provision of the ATV law which required permission.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM
Regular Visitor

I would actually support how Ohio treats hunting on private property, posted or not. You must have written permission on you at all times, the landowner can provide the dates they allow, and it can carry a stiff penalty. It would solve the problems that we have now without Sunday hunting.

https://www.hunter-ed.com/ohio/study...601_700137657/

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/portals/...egs/pub125.pdf
curverbowruss likes this.

Last edited by Kwing; Yesterday at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added link
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old Today, 02:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwing View Post
I would actually support how Ohio treats hunting on private property, posted or not. You must have written permission on you at all times, the landowner can provide the dates they allow, and it can carry a stiff penalty. It would solve the problems that we have now without Sunday hunting.

https://www.hunter-ed.com/ohio/study...601_700137657/

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/portals/...egs/pub125.pdf
I too would love to see PA's pathetic trespass laws revised. I have said it before--far too many people show far too little respect for things that are not theirs. I would love to see the law changed to having extremely heavy penalties for trespassing onto property without permission. Changed to the point where if one is caught they either pay extremely large amounts of money, or hefty jail sentence. I have no issues with normal people. However my issue is with those who think they can just hunt where ever, and when ever they please, and totally ignore posted signs. I show respect for others, and property in which is not mine. I ask the same, but--asking for respect, and not having trespassers---I'm dreaming--I know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page