Sunday hunting bill is on the move - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Sunday hunting bill is on the move

Lots of movement on the Sunday hunting bill today.

I'm thinking it's going to have legs this time out
Buckethead, willyp and Ellsworth like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

Without Sunday hunting, Saturday rifle opener, or Semi's for big game, what the heck would we talk about :-).

I hope it's got strong legs that are ready to go the distance this time. I swear, Sunday's are the best weather days. Last year, it was like clockwork. Saturday would be rain or heavy wind and then Sunday was high pressure and beautiful. Time for a change here folks, the blue laws are really showing their age.
Buckethead, Concour and Ellsworth like this.

Previously JJ5C
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:26 PM

Nice try but no cigar
outofstater likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:54 PM

It would be nice to see Pennsylvania move out of the middle ages and allow sunday hunting, but I don't think making the Game wardens enforce trespass laws is going to work out well.
Dobsonknob and JJ4D like this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
It would be nice to see Pennsylvania move out of the middle ages and allow sunday hunting, but I don't think making the Game wardens enforce trespass laws is going to work out well.
Yea, the fact that they are piggybacking Sunday hunting with wardens enforcing trespass laws is BEEE SSSSS! Those guys have enough on their plate and seriously do not need to add enforcing trespass laws. These guy's are spread thin as it is. I hunt a lot, and I've only seen a warden twice in the last 5 years, both on the first day of Archery. After that, they simply cannot patrol their territories effectively and efficiently. The add trespass enforcement on top of it, nonsense.

Previously JJ5C
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

The text I've seen says "Trespass while engaged in hunting or furtaking....."
dragman likes this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
The text I've seen says "Trespass while engaged in hunting or furtaking....."
....which in my mind is a hunting violation that a warden/deputy should be able to cite the offender, even in the absence of other violations. If the PGC receives the citation money from the hunting trespass citations, it could be a decent chunk of change into the PGC fund without a whole lot of investigative effort on the part of the warden/deputy (in comparison to poaching, etc).
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Sage

That is not true, once the calls start coming in for trespass they will be doing more trespass complaints than real game law violations and they will not be making any money for the agency, they will be wasting valuable time and burning gas for very little in return. If that passes and I hope it fails, I hope the agency tells the officers to prioritize and actual game law cases take precedent over trespass complaints.
willyp likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
That is not true, once the calls start coming in for trespass they will be doing more trespass complaints than real game law violations and they will not be making any money for the agency, they will be wasting valuable time and burning gas for very little in return. If that passes and I hope it fails, I hope the agency tells the officers to prioritize and actual game law cases take precedent over trespass complaints.

I can tell you that the people that I know that have seen someone hunting where they are not allowed to hunt have called the PGC. This would include safety zone violations as most non-hunters have no idea about safety zone. They see someone hunting and automatically call PGC.

Would that call, at the moment, be forwarded to the PSP (or local?) or would the Warden go?
dragman likes this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
I can tell you that the people that I know that have seen someone hunting where they are not allowed to hunt have called the PGC. This would include safety zone violations as most non-hunters have no idea about safety zone. They see someone hunting and automatically call PGC.

Would that call, at the moment, be forwarded to the PSP (or local?) or would the Warden go?
For safety zones the PGC responds, for trespassing they do not. Just seeing someone hunting where they have no permission outside the safety zone is within the purview of the police or the land owner.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page