letumgrow Cody 2011 Archery Buck! (UPDATED)!!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

letumgrow Cody 2011 Archery Buck! (UPDATED)!!!!

Cody shot his first buck with a bow on Oct. 22nd 6:05pm. I got it all on video including the after shot interview.

Pics and video to follow!

[img][/img]

I can't find my download cable for the shot video. I will tell the whole story ASAP.

Link to after recovery video. Different camera was used for in stand shot. Working on story and awesome video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E64ZQZQ31nE

For the last 3 weeks i have been able to hunt by myself 3 times. Besides one day of rain Cody has been in stand every evening except one which my daughter got in stand. I have been adjusting double sets to put deer close enough for a good shot every Sunday. The first week of the season Cody had 2 fawns and a doe coming in and the fawns crossed at 8yrds, as the doe came through his shooting lane she leaped across a log and the shot chance was lost. Since that time we have been seeing deer but there is alot of pressure around our spot and the deer have been moving later every night. This third week of muzzy he has been begging to go out the three days with the rifle. I am not a big fan of the rifle and he knows that. Thursday and Friday had us in stand for the evening with the bow. Both nights we had deer 40+ yrds away but didn't have the rifle to reach them. Friday night when we got in from stand he walked past me and in a mean voice he says "if i had a gun i would have shot a doe already". I felt so bad as a father for not alowing him to do so. After a little while i asked "Cod are you getting up to hunt in the morning? Very quick and short "NO". Later Firday night he says "can i take the gun and we can go to my rifle stand?" I don't give him an answer and change the subject to butchering in the morning instead of hunting. Saturday AM found me in the butcher shop making Keilbasa, and skinning a buck for a HPA member. I got the kids together and we cut and split wood for the smokehouse untill 3:00pm. I went for the house and asked my daughter "Are you going tonight? Short and sweet "NO". So i say "Cod are you going tonight?" He walked over to the wood pile and gave me the cold shoulder. So with that i say "I'm going in and check accuweather for the wind and then going to stand." He ignors me. I go into the house and a buddy calls. While on the phone a see some does moving along the bank behind the house. I open the door and whistle "Cod look up there's deer" He replies "Look Buck". "Kid lets get dressed and get in stand". With that his mind made a full circle and he was dressed and sprayed down and heading to stand with the bow. Once in stand a small doe went by at 50 yrds. Cod looks at me and just shrugs his shoulders. The next 2 hours i kept telling him "Patience and persistence will pay off". At 5:45 a fawn goes by at 50, again, and the doe follows. I give her a bleat and she turns and slowly comes our way. At 15yrds i stop her "MEP" "can you get a shot" "no their is a limb in the way." The doe then is on alert and looking around to find what alerted her. After a minute or two i look to our right and see a deer moving down the trail. "Forget her turn to your right" He shuffles his feet and i say "DRAW" Cod trys to draw but can't. I figure he his all worked because of the doe. "DRAW" "I can't my strap" I look over and his HSS is tight against his right elbow. I reach over and pull is down "DRAW" "I can't its againt my arm" i reach over again, all this with the buck standing broadside at 25yrds and watching the doe, and pull the strap up over his arm and the Hoyt Ruckus comes to full draw. I grab the camera and get the deer in the picture all while saying "25 25yrds". "thump" the arrows away. I watch the 75gr Muzzy tipped Easton Epic shaft connect,"SMACK", a little front but instantly the buck lays out a high rear leg kick like being shot in the heart. He can't get his front legs under him and starts to plow within 20yrds of the shot. At 30yrds he does a flip and "BUCK DOWN". After this the stand video will tell the excitement.

Running at lunch to radio shack to get a cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Sage

Re: letumgrow Cody 2011 Archery Buck!!!

Looking forward to seeing them!! Congratulations to little letumgrow!!

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Sage

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 AM

=
Congrat's
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
The Man

Way to go!

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

WTG!!!! can't wait to see the pics!

Feral Cats are God's version of Ballistic Gelatin. - anonymous from another forum
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 PM
The Man

congrats!!

Genesis 27:3
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My luck must of rubbed off on you guys when I was up there that afternoon

Once again congrats to you both, you have a bowhunter for life now

Team Cervicide
Aim Small. Miss Small.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Frequent Contributor

That smile says it all! Way to go!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Re: letumgrow Cody 2011 Archery Buck! (UPDATED)!!!!

Congrats Cody! Great picture, video, and story!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page