Mentored Youth Graduating Class - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 04:00 PM
dce

Yes they are WOL.My son is 12 right now and my life revolves around everything he does from baseball,wrestling and hunting etc.I have a great deal of anxiety thinking about what my life will become in another 5 or 6 years.I'm afraid I'll have no purpose and just wither and die.I rarely even carry a weapon anymore and it's a rare day that I go hunting if my son isn't with me.I really don't think I'll have the drive to hunt when he's gone.Last summer my son played baseball as an 11 year old.My one buddy who's son was 12 sent me a text of an empty ball field after the 12 year olds lost their final all star game.It was a picture of an empty field with the lights dimmed and a caption that said,what do we do when don't have anyone to take to practice anymore.I'm not a very emotional person but that really choked me up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Awesome thread!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

DCE - I feel exactly the same way. Little League ended at 12. Youth basketball ended at 8th grade. There was a time that my son was in cub scouts, played 3 sports and was even in the grade school orchestra. Always something going on. Now, not so much. Baseball is tough for teenagers these days, too. With AAU, CYO, school teams, etc...the kids are too thinly spread out to field even 4 Legion teams. So, we have HS football and school track now. I also volunteer for every kid-related thing. I'm now the president of the HS football parents club. We plan all the events and do all the fund-raising. That's pretty rewarding. The other dynamic is my relationship with my wife. We went from 20-somethings with no kids, to parents of young kids and now we have a 14 and 15 year old. We have to re-invent our relationship all the time. I'm very proud of what my kids have become, but I would love to relive those years when they were little.

Anyway, enough of the woe is me [email protected] Congrats to all the mentored youths and kudos to all the parents that put aside their hunts to help our next generation of hunters. And, in most of our cases, fishing buddies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 12:16 PM
dce

Very true.In any event,I still love seeing pictures of kids behind dead deer.Keep them coming.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

My son is tagged out. Next picture will have to be of a fish.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM

Outstanding, my son is 32 and every time we hunt it feels like the first time.

USAF 1980-2010
OEF VET
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page