LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

5chunter
1shot2kills - captain
Acpahunter
Delphic93
ClaybirdJohn

Last edited by Sunrise; 10-08-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:50 PM

Hello team. I'll volunteer to be the captain if nobody else wants it.

I'm in sales and this is the last weekend of the month so you guessed it, I'm sitting at a desk instead of sitting in a treestand. Good luck to anyone who's out there!

Edit - I do all of my hunting in 2B (besides the first 2 days of rifle opener) and archery hunt so I've already had 3 sits on the year. Got rained out Thursday evening, had a doe and a fawn in range last Saturday (won't shoot a doe with a younger one), and didn't see anything the other time out. Pics of my trailcam have also for reason become almost non-existent. I have to figure out the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Last edited by 1shot2kills; 09-29-2018 at 04:02 PM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 07:20 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hi John checking in. I hunt 3C and a little in 3B. My hunting will be limited this year due to possible knee surgery. Plan is to go out Tuesday is we dont get the rain they are calling for..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Rob checking in. I do all of my hunting up at camp in 3A tioga county. Was up for opener and didn't see a deer while on stand. The stand I was in, I won't see many deer but if I do, most likely will be a shooter. Have a lot of nice bucks on camera so my hopes are high. Don't know how much time i will get to hunt though. My rutcation scheduled for first week of november has been derailed because I drew a Pa cow elk tag.
Good luck to everyone this season.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:27 AM
New Arrival

Hi, This is Anthony Buffone. I hunt 2D, Armstrong County. I past 3 8 point buck on the opening day and will be holding out for a Bigger buck. I have 3 boys that also hunt and they are my priority in early season but the rut is usually my time to shine. I am looking forward to being on this team. We got this and good luck to everyone and stay safe out there. Also be in touch.. I love talking about hunting as well.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Nice to hear from you guys! Congrats Rob on drawing the PA elk tag!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks 1shot! 17 years of applying. Still can't believe I got drawn! I may have to look at donating venison if I'm successful with the elk tag. Have any of you guys ever donated venison or used hunters sharing the harvest?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 03:36 PM

I've donated venison pretty much every year but not through a program of any sort. Mainly people through Craigslist that are asking. I've found people who aren't hunters but due to their dogs allergies and/or food preferences the eat raw venison. Those are the type of people I generally donate to. I also give away most of my meat to my extended family that no longer hunts.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. I've never thought to look at Craigslist for venison donation. May have to check that out. I looked for processors thru the hunters sharing harvest but none are close to me. There is one that is right off a road I use on way back home from camp but I'm usually coming thru on Sunday. Have to see if they are open or have a place to drop one off.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just checking in I hunt northeastern Berks County and have camp in McKean that I will probably get to this archery season for a rut hunt. Good luck to all this year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page