The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

wanted:8ft Picnic table plans

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Hittingguru 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a nice set of detailed plans for an 8ft picnic table? Many online, but details are sketchy..i.e. angles of supports, measurements of where supports intersect. I could do one from scratch but wanted to see what was out there that someone has actually built/enjoyed. Thanks!

#2 ·
I don’t have any prints to pass along to you but just go to any home Depot or Lowes and check out what they have and take pictures with your cell phone and a few measurements of the angle cuts.
From personal experience 6 ft hold up better than 8 footers and are a lot easier to move.

Good Luck

#4 ·
Good post, I have at least 3 places i would like to have a picnic table.

The 8' tables in treated are a bear to move....well execpt when you are a river, I do miss that table.

A tip: My son cuts grass at a camp and they have one that has 2 old lawn mower wheels bolted thru the legs on one side, so to move it for mowing he just has to pick up the one side at the bench and push it out of the way. He mows there tonight , i will have him take a pic if I can remember. But it is pretty self explanatory, you just have to make sure the wheels touches on the tilt only, so location kind of depends on the size wheel you use.

#7 ·
Try this,

http://plasticlumberyard.com/pergolaman/specialtyproducts.htm

Click on "Convertible Bench". You don't have to use the plastic lumber. You can use regular pressure treated southern yellow pine.

This is pretty slick. They sell the plastic (or FRP) brackets and all you do is buy the lumber and cut it to the length you want and screw it to the brackets. You push two of the assemblies together to make a table. When you don't want a table, slide the assemblies away from one anther and the table top pivots down to form the back of a bench. We really like ours.

#11 ·
Thanks all! Some good ideas out there.
RB:I could use 3 myself! 2 at home...1 for camp. I like the "wheels" idea. You could also probably find brackets that would flip up or down to mount the wheels to.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.