Elevated Box Blind Plans - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Elevated Box Blind Plans

Does anyone have some decent DIY plans for building an elevated box blind? Looking to build something that could fit 2 hunters. Prefer something with a set of stairs that would make it easy for my father and mentored youth son easy to get in and out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Part of the Community

Here's mine. No plans but pretty simple design. Built from 2/4's ripped in half to keep the weight down. Sides are 7/16 OSB covered with rolled roofing. Made with 6 panels in my drive, then hauled up the mountain and reassembled. Windows are plexi and fold down. Designed to "move with the tree it's bolted to so not to tear it apart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hunting house.jpg (1.20 MB, 40 views)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Sage

My former hunting buddy just told me he took a Johnny on the spot and ripped it out and made a ground blind with it, It is 42x42 , he cut shooting windows in it , put in a new floor and found a swivel seat, got a small propane heater and he is good to go. He is headed up to Juniata county next Saturday..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

May I suggest that for 2 people you consider a 6' X 8' or 8' X 8' structure.
My son and I built a 4' X 8' elevated 4' feet with a small porch and steps and it is too small for us. At 14 he is 6'-1 with a solid frame. The same goes for me except the frame that was once solid is not a bit softer.
For both of us to be comfortable our next build will be 8' x 8'
Acrylic used for the windows was expensive to purchase but holds up great year round. We chose to have our windows hinged and they lift up. We found that when they fold in and down there were more noise issues for us plus during the inclement weather moisture would get in easier. Our acrylic overlaps the framing and has weatherproof strips to help keep it dry inside.
We covered the entire structure with harbor freight camo tarps, which were very cheap to purchase.
Our heat source is a propane heater, lil buddy. It does a great job but remember to keep a window opened a crack or they will fog up on you in a short time.

Here are some photos of the build:

This photo was taking 2 years ago when we built the blind, our son is a much taller today.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10413388_10204251117895952_3186243485248087637_n.jpg (34.2 KB, 187 views)

Give back to Nature what you take from her and you will be rewarded in more ways than you know of.

Last edited by Flat_Lander; 11-27-2016 at 01:54 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:47 AM

I sent a pm with plans.Did you get them?

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Hiamovi, yes, got the plans. Thanks for the link. Sorry for the delay was away at camp.

Flat_lander, thanks for the pics and tips.

CM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page