TV Show " Handcrafted America" - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

TV Show " Handcrafted America"

On INSP network Tuesday evenings at 8:00 pm. The goofy girl host visits craftsmen who have businesses making stuff the old fashioned way. Each show has 3 segments about different fields. A guy in NC that builds really really nice long rifles will be on next Tues March 15. Upcoming things, are bladesmiths, leather workers etc. Not much for technical in depth, but still kind of cool. A carver that makes colonial style trenchers (an oblong wooden bowl) is coming up.

The network is mostly just re-runs and Sunday religious stuff, but this show first aired March 1 with little or no publicity. While I don't care about a person that makes fruity looking womens shoes, overall, I think the network hit on something with this show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: TV Show " Handcrafted America"

almost forgot

http://www.insp.com/blog/a-big-hand-...-america-fans/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

It doesnt look like its available on comcast cable from what I saw when I googled it. It looks like a cool show.

See this is what the history channel or discovery show should be airing.

I love making and building stuff, I always have ever since I was a kid but I make my living sitting behind a desk. I'm always trying to learn a new skill because if there is a possibility of me doing it myself, Id much rather do that.

I've found that youtube is a great resource for that. There are lots of great youtube channels that are made by people who have a passion for what they do. You can generally tell who doesn't know alot about what they are talking about. My wife hates it because I'll watch youtube videos on the tv at night sometimes haha.

Internet forums are great for research also, I love the internet for these uses haha.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

INSP network is channel 295 on my comcast service here in York County
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 08:57 PM

There is a show on the Create channel - an offshoot of PBS 39 on Comcast(Berkscable) called The Craftsmen's Legacy. Not sure when it's on I've caught a few shows by chance flipping with the remote LOL. The host visits with different craftsmen. I've seen him at a saddlemaker, bowmaker and an armourer.

Sorry I don't have better info but I'll look for it now.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page