Apple Cider Festival Is in the Books - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Apple Cider Festival Is in the Books

We had a great day at the Cider Festival. Myself, Rooster, Zaine, oldrooster, Mrs. Rooster, and Mrs. oldrooster spent the day promoting hunting and HPA to thousands of festival goers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:42 AM
RB
Sage

Re: Apple Cider Festival Is in the Books

Dean we had a GREAT DAY!!!! Thanks SO MUCH for getting it all set up and alerting us to this festival....made it home about an hour ago and already let in a ton of new people tonight and we got over 1100 on line right now.... HEY FOLKS!!

Here are my few pics....short of a little lunch break we literally were talking with folks from 9 to 5 today, put some antlers and a yote rug in a booth at a CRAFT show and you are going to meet some folks and draw every camo jacket in the crowd. You know what ? Short of tired legs and the lost voice, I could do that daily and it would not get old. The kids were the best, despite the wear and tear on the yote rug, it got pet by every kid there...LOL...

To all the new folks that might be checking out HPA for the first time this evening....I think i can speak for all of us there and say IT WAS OUR PLEASURE to meet and talk with all of you today. I hope you like what you see, I think you will and I think you will also see I was not kidding about the GOOD FOLKS here at this site.

My pics are alot like Dean's, but i will post them anyway...I was not going to bring my coyote rug to add to the display, to keep it protected, but I am so glad i did the KIDS loved it and it drew some folks over I made not of got to talk to otherwise.

I can say you give a guy with 20,000 posts two big coffees and that many people to talk to HE IS GOING TO TALK ALOT, my voice is a little shot but IT WAS A GREAT DAY. We gave over 250 Buck pool flyers out today....so you long time HPAers are going to have some competition.

We are already planning a 2011 return. Thanks to the DCNR folks at Prince Galletzin SP for hosting it and treating us so well.

And Zane once again CONGRATS on that opening day buck, and Dean thanks for the quick tour of the camp....GOOD DAY guy GOOD DAY!!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
The Man

Nice meeting you guys. Thanks for putting the time in to promote the site.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
RB
Sage

Nice meeting you too...and especially nice not needing a keyboard to talk to you and get the handshake.

Have a GREAT season! if we don't cross paths before, see ya there in 2011...same place.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

If I remember correctly we met 9 active members and 3 people who visit often but are not members. A guy stopped by and talked and was showing interest when his wife said she visits the site daily and had it in the favorites on their computer . Rooster, I was thinking we should have a sign in log book for members to sign during events they can sign and write a small message. We could mail the book back and fourth so it can make the rounds to events.

To every member new and old, If you stopped by the booth please post on this thread and let us know how we did, any recommendations for future booths. Any new members who registered from the Festival it would be great to hear from you on this thread.

I had a great time, it was a long day standing on the pavement but like Rooster said I could keep doing it as long as the coffee holds out. Just meeting the youth hunters and hearing their adventures was worth the day. We heard many stories from youth about Saturday, the first day of Archery and how they got a deer. Several youth stopped in and showed a great interest but the parents did not, one boy said he wanted to hunt but had no one to take him (dad did not hunt) Rooster said "give me your number". I don't know how we could address this as an online community of hunters. I think that was one of the big things of the day that I came away with, how can the members of HPA get involved with the youth who have a passion for the sport and the parents don't share that passion.

I am sure as I think about the day I will have more to tell.

Great Time.
Dean
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM

LOL I didn't make it out but you got my twin (my cousin that looks like my brother) in 2 of your pics and my mother in 3 of your pics.

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great day there...Nice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page