HPA , the ESOS and a forum change - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

HPA , the ESOS and a forum change

I would like to make a couple announcements if I could, just to try answer a lot of questions and concerns I getting via PM and e-mail.

First on the ESOS

Personally, I have really mixed emotions on it, as I know many of us do, but because this is a message board and not a blog, I will try to keep this focused on the HPA community and not on my thoughts. The amazing actions we saw the last few days were the result of a current political climate that is at a boil and we believe the speed and effectiveness of the boycott was a direct result of that climate. Many here, and all over the country, have had enough of being blamed for the evil done and are ready to act. That is evident in the HPA membership and throughout the social media world. HuntingPA is proud to be a gathering place for it. It is the purpose of the website to bring like-minded people together to share the good times, endure the bad times and have a voice in controversial times, and I will say that this site continues to perform well on all those fronts. Being a hunter, angler, shooter, and tactical arms owner in today’s political climate will bring you the whole spectrum of it and that is what should be reflected here on HuntingPA. You can dig deep into it or just be in it for the parts you enjoy or are passionate about. We offer both at the same price, Free.

I do want to also convey a feeling of loss as well to all of our members that have been negatively affected by Reed Exhibition’s decision, the boycott, and now cancellation of the Harrisburg Sport Show, regardless of whether they were in support of the boycott that took place or not. I know there are others out there trying to profit from the situation the boycott has caused, but that is not how we do things here. If we were here for profit we’d be rich or broke by now and we are neither. We are solely here to provide the platform for you, one that you come to expect when you log in, Period! That is how HPA has been run from day one and still is today, as a place for everyone in the sporting community to share thoughts, opinions and best of all stories of success.

The ESOS has been an annual short-term advertiser of HPA for many of those years and has always brought great off season content to us via membership that attended and reported back on new gear, outfitters and celebrities they met, and even new companies that may be interested in sponsoring and supporting our site. All of that is certainly going to be missed during the cabin fever days of February in so many ways. When we contacted the ESOS to let them know we were pulling their ad and ending our relationship with them indefinitely it certainly had a bittersweet side to it for me. The ban decision quickly made something that used to be a highlight of the early part of the year, especially in here in PA , a sudden chance for many out there to make a statement and there is no way we could of, or would of wanted to, slow that riptide here once it started to pull us out with it. When all this got started on here and elsewhere, I told my wife (aka my sounding board) there will be no slowing this down, guys have been waiting too long for an opportunity to make a statement somewhere against the misguided policy and public perception since the tragedy in CT, and I believe all would agree if nothing else that statement was made this week.

Second Amendment Watchdog Forum

One by-product of this boycott and how it unfolded all over HuntingPA.com will be the revamping of our long standing “Gun Control Forum” later today. First off, to set the tone for the forum, we are changing the title from “Gun Control Forum”, a term that we dislike, is outdated, and we do not stand behind, to the “Second Amendment Watchdog Forum”. This forum will also be making a migration towards the top of the message board instead of being buried in the middle, at least in the off-season months. The purpose of this revamped forum will be to provide a place to share information on issues, legislation, boycotts, or any other infringements on the Second Amendment our members see and want to share with the HPA community. The other purpose of this forum will be to keep the other forums open to discussion on the specific topics of that forum so that members who are coming here just to talk ducks, bucks or trucks, can do so. We do not want to inhibit, or infringe if you will, on any of it, and I did see some frustration by many that the board was overrun with ESOS threads and my apology to those folks . That was a week like we have never seen here before and we were not prepared for it.

As always, we look forward to providing the place for the Sportsmen and Sportswomen of Pennsylvania (and across the USA) to get together on-line to talk about it all. The good, the bad, and even the ugly (controversy) of it all . I believe, before we are all hunting again in the Fall, there will be many things happening that go against the grain of our lifestyle and the Constitution of the US, and we want to provide you with not only the place to vent, but also the place to do something about it before it is all gone. In addition, we want to make sure the good has plenty of room to be celebrated.

God Bless those that live the lifestyle we live and have not forgotten about those that died in order for this country to keep it.

HuntingPA.com

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page