The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

HPA Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful Day

5K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Grouchy Coyote 
#1 ·
This has been posted in the General Hunting forum for some time.

Hi Folks

The HPA Southcentral Reps are planning a cleanup day in July. This will be a Saturday. Currently plans are to clean up the road side from Patton Boro to Rock Run ATV park. This is about 5 miles of road. We also hope to include some shore line at Lake Glendale in the Prince Gallitzin State Park. The theme of this day will be Sportsman cleaning up non sportsman litter.

We also plan to have Gary Haluska the local State House Rep. in attendance. Gary is also a member of the House Game and Fisheries Committee. Gary has agreed to supply the trash bags, work gloves, safety vests, and have PennDot pick up and haul all the trash. If interested please post what Saturday is best. Sometime in June the SC Reps. will choose the best Saturday and announce the time and place.

Please do your best to make room in your very busy outdoor plans for this worthy event. As we all know it is us (Man) that pollutes, but it is the wildlife that must live with it and adapt to it. We as hunters usually go to the wilds to hunt wildlife for this Saturday lets leave the guns at home and come out to clean their home.

See less See more
#2 ·
The day has been set for July 10th. Gary Haluska will be in attendance .

More info on the Day

Ok guys and gals. This is your chance to stand up for something that is important to all of us.

On Saturday, July 10th, the HPA South Central Reps., have organized an HPA Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful Day.

The event will take place from Patton, PA boro to Rock Run ATV Park. After this event, Deadon4 has also invited all participants back to his camp for refreshments and covered dish cook-out.

Gary Haluska, the local State House Rep. and member of the House Game and Fisheries Committee, will be joining us. Gary has agreed to supply the trash bags, work gloves, safety vests, and have PennDot pick up and haul all the trash.

The meeting place will be Rep Haluska's office, 323 Mellon Avenue, Patton, PA 16668-1623 at 7:00 am. If you cant make it right at 7, come as soon as you can that day and stay as long as you can.

What we would like to see is HPA members dedicate a Saturday to the wildlife and help clean up a small portion of Pa.

Not only will you be helping the wildlife, you have a chance to voice your concerns directly to the V.P. of the House and Fisheries Committee, forget about the canned responses from automated email. Like 171farm stated in the main thread, it wouldn't look good if all the guys/girls are there to complain about things but Im sure after the cleanup Gary would be willing to hear any concerns we have.

Please see the main thread at http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1764677&

#3 ·
Like deadon has already mentioned this is a great opportunity for us all.

I know deadon mentioned this as did I in the other tread...but we MUST stress if you are going to come and complain about everything hunting/outdoor related, please do not come. This is a cleanup day to help the community and let everyone know what HPA is all about, just so happen deadon was able to secure Rep Haluska which is a great asset. If you have a few things you would like to talk to the Rep about, please do it in a serious cool headed way and when time permitts. Remember you are not only representing yourself but also HPA.

#4 ·
I met with Gary Haluska today to discuss the event. He is very willing to hear our thoughts regarding issues facing Pa hunters. I told him our primary goal that day is to help clean up for the wildlife not to bust his chops so please lets all be nice and have a good outcome. We still need more to volunteer come on folks step up and help the wildlife for a change. If we can get 20 to show up 10 will do roadside and 10 will do shoreline. Then a covered dish after. I will provide the adult refreshments and also soft drinks for the tea toter's. and the camp for the cookout.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

#5 ·
Ok folks so far only 4 members confirmed along with 2 spouses. We need more. Please Pm me before July 5th so I can set up with Gary and decide how much hamburger and BEER to buy. Then we will get a list of covered dishes. So far 6 are confirmed if we can get 10 then 5 on roadside and 5 on shoreline. Cookout after the work. Burgers, hotdogs, covered dishes and beer we can just have a good old BS session at camp talking about the outdoors and past experiences.

#11 ·
This event is in the July 26th edition off Pennsylvania Outdoor News under the Calendar of Events. Hopefully, that will generate some interest from non-members and members alike.

#16 ·
Ok folks last chance to get in on this great day. We are meeting at State Rep Gary Haluska's office in Patton at 7am. I know this is our first one and will have some kinks in it but we should still have a good time.

I hope we can make this an annual event to be held on the second Saturday of July each year. For the upcoming years I think we will take recommendations for areas that need cleaned up and then the rep's for that area along with myself will plan the event. Areas can be roadsides, lake and stream shorelines, parks, or State Game Lands. Get some ideas ready. This day can be held in all regions across the state with the local reps planning it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.