Couldn't get on Hunting Pa - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Couldn't get on Hunting Pa

For close to 10 days I could not get on this site. Kept getting a Forbidden you do not have permission to acess this site. There was no way to contact anyone to ask what was going on. First I thought the site was down for maintenance but that I don't think was the case???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Re: Couldn't get on Hunting Pa

As RB says " he will address the troops soon."

Everything is good so just continue to enjoy HPA.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 11:13 PM
RB
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrlhntr
For close to 10 days I could not get on this site. Kept getting a Forbidden you do not have permission to acess this site. There was no way to contact anyone to ask what was going on. First I thought the site was down for maintenance but that I don't think was the case???
10 days??? Or just 2.5 days that seem liked 10?

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

No it was close or maybe more than 10 days. There is no way to contact anyone on the board when you are denied access to it. I did contact Huntsman Bob and he was having the same problem.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM

sqrlhntr, I received a call over the weekend telling me the same thing you described. I made some calls and did some investigating. Found out that the issue you are describing most likely started when the malicious code on the server was activated. Some internet providers saw the threat and shut down access to their clients, while others let the end user's antivirus take care of the issue. We have since changed hosts, so this issue should go away permanently. If you ever have issues in the future, file my email and contact me: [email protected]
thanks

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
RB
Sage

Brings up a good point D, and I cannot stress this enough to everyone and that is to get the best security systems on your PC you can and keep them updated.

The interent overall right now is likely more threatening than it has been, in fact each day it likely gets worse than the day before, and it seems that all over the place far outside this little world of HPA there are things happening. As providers try to keep pace and keep you protected you will have outages, no service, etc... so no matter where you surf the net, just make sure you keep your PCs protected best that you can so that when the threats are gone, and the services are back you can be too.

THIS WAS NOT JUST A HUNTINGPA INCIDENT, It was much bigger and all over the world.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

RB,
I've had a similar problem over the past month, off and on...... Sometimes, after I successfully "log in", as soon as I click onto ANYTHING else on the board, it returns me back in to the "Log In' page. Another success logging in, only to have the same issue over and over, until I give up and get back to my knitting!! (sic) Then,
I was told by my whiz kid to keep the "cookies" intact when I clear my temporary internet files in the control panel. That worked for awhile, but every so often, same issue pops up again, but after 2 or 3 log ins, I'm permitted to "stay here!" I got CowDawg to notify someone for me since I, too, didn't know who to contact from this board...

thanks, I now have an email addy for future problems.
Cane

Do good and disappear........

I stayed up all night to prove to myself I don't snore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page