Back To Top
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Franklin County
Re: would like to host a sportsman event
1. Don't expect a blockbuster event the first or second time out. Build the event.
2. Visit other events and shows. pay attention to how they layout the area and comply with fire and other regulations.
3. Have clear rules for vendors. PUT IT IN A CONTRACT for even the most casual vendor.
4. Start promoting the event I year out for the first event.
5. Determine the core audience and cater the event and vendors to them. You will get everything else showing up to fill the voids.
Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.