Reloading Bench - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Reloading Bench

Guys, here are a few pictures of the reloading bench that I just finished building.......it is made out of solid Oak, the top is 2 3/4" Oak butcher block........I have a small area in the corner of the living room of my new place, so it had to be small, and look nice, and maximize the space that I had available....I also had to make one end able to fold, so that I can access a small closet that I built for all of my hunting gear........

Here is the bench with the folding end up......the brackets are rated at 750 pounds per pair, so I dont really have any apprehension using them....although I wont be using a press over there.....

This is the bench with the folding part of the top folded down allowing access to the closet.....

Here is a picture of the top of the bench, I installed
1/4 x 20 compatible T-track in dado cuts......this will be used to mount all of my presses, powder measures, case trimmers etc.......and allow them to be added, and removed easily.....I got the idea while looking at pictures on the internet, and it fits my application perfectly....

Another picture of the top, showing the T-track....

A picture with one of my presses, and powder measures mounted on the bench using the T-track.......the presses and accessories are mounted on 1/2" thick HDPE sheets......

Here is another picture of the bench, this time with a MEC shotgun press mounted using the T-track......

While, the area that I have to use at this point is not as big as I would like, I think this will work well for me for a few years, until we get around to putting an addition on the house......

Let me know what you guys think.....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 AM

Re: Reloading Bench

very nice!!!

my "bench" is crude! i put 4 brackets on the basement wall and ran a 2x12 ontop of them...mounted my press and trimmer and got a plastic set of drawers that sits underneath...i measure my charges by hand in the finished part of the basement...i dont trust the wiring in my back room with the digital scale..throws some goofy numbers...and its cold back there!

one day i'll have a nicer setup...but for now, i can roll em just fine..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 PM

that is really nice! someday you will need more room though, reloading gets that way

It may be a poor choice of words but I am smart enough to understand what you meant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Nice job
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 PM

That IS very nice. I'm a carpenter by trade and I don't think I would put as much effort in building a beautiful bench like you did. Nice job!

Alrighty then!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
that is really nice! someday you will need more room though, reloading gets that way
I am well aware of that.........when I was still living with my parents, I had a huge bench to use........it was something like 12 feet long, and it was about the right size...............but, I gotta work with what I have for now, and this is it......

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Good Work!

SSgt USAF 2004-2010

If you want peace, prepare for war.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

Nice looking bench and I like the t-track setup. When I was looking at building my bench I looked at different setups for making the press removable. Does the t-track keep you press solid to the bench during use?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

Looks nice. The t-track is a neat idea. I suppose you could just add more bolts to anchor the press to the t-track if you thought it was needed.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Nice looking bench and I like the t-track setup. When I was looking at building my bench I looked at different setups for making the press removable. Does the t-track keep you press solid to the bench during use?
Yea, it seems to be very solid.......I have used the stuff before to make woodworking jigs, and have never had a problem..........I think the key part is to get as much space between the tracks as possible to distribute the force over a greater area...............but I had a press on there, and heaved on it as hard as I could, and there was no movement at all......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page