The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

260 AI. Load Data?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  outofstater 
#1 · (Edited)
I think I posted this some time ago but here I go again. I had a 260 ai built 1.5 years ago and never got around fooling with it, and now I want to fire form some brass and get started. Its a bartlein 8 twist 26" #3 hunting rifle. I have some 140 Bergers wanted to play with. Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
If it was chamber correctly which I assume it was you should be able to chamber and fire factory brass and or ammo. Where the "head clearance" of the parent in established on the shoulder when in a improved chamber its established on the neck-shoulder junction with a .004" crush fit much the same as creating a false shoulder. The smoked ring indicates where the parent's N-S contacted in the improved chambers for forming. #1 the 22-250/Imp, #2 the 250/Imp and three, my wildcat 270-08 Improved.
Load? A 80-85% charge for the parent for the bullet being used or as P.O. said, "A good stiff charge"!

Bill

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks Bill, I kind of posted my question wrong. Yes, I knew you could take factory ammo to blow out case. What I di id of course have some good laupa brass load a stiff regular 260 load with some odd ball bullets to blow out the case. What I was looking for if anyone on here had a 260 ai that could share some load data of what I could start out with already having some 140 bergers say starting load and what powder. Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.