Anyone Get Tired of Handloading? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Anyone Get Tired of Handloading?

I started loading my own in 1997 and still do, 21 years later. But, now, it's more of a job. I used to love it. I would load for all my friends and family as well. Coudn't wait to try out the newest bullets, powders, etc... Now I only load for my son and I and only for hunting. And I have even bought factory ammo to hunt with last year when my one die was on the fritz.

On the other hand, life has gotten busy, then it got crazy and things are a downright mess right now. Maybe, since I have no time and little money and lots of distractions, it just took a back seat. Or do guys just tired or bored? I'm guessing it's just because I have a 100 things that are higher on the list. At least, I hope so. It was one of my passions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Part of the Community

I started reloading in 1976 and never stopped. There were times over the years when reloading was inconvenient due other activities and life in general. Now I use reloading as an escape from life's noise. Just me, powder, primers, bullets and cases, no other distractions, just focusing on the one shell in front of me. If reloading really was a passion for you, there is time in your life, you have to make it.
Waynzee, schappellt and JoshF like this.

Support 2A. Because a dog without teeth has no bite.
Being married is work. Work is management and labor. We all know how well management and labor get along.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Banned

Well Stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat18 View Post
If reloading really was a passion for you, there is time in your life, you have to make it.

Agree! And this applies to all things we do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Part of the Community

I still reload. Mostly in the winter months, or a rainy day, or when its 95 and humid out. I've found my only limiting factor is my wallet. I'd load more if I had more money, lol.
jimsdad likes this.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Location: TN,Susquehanna,Wyoming,Bradford,Lackawanna, Tioga Co, PA , Steuben Co, NY & Sevier Co TN
Started Reloading in 1964 still doing it today what a run over 50 years. Its my peaceful place getting away from all the -- out there. Enjoyed it then and now. Every time I reload memories of my Dad and the hunts we did are as vivid as the day we did them. OK enough.
Waynzee and Buckskin Dave like this.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

All my stuff is up at the cabin too. I suppose, if it was home, I would load more often. We get up to the cabin on a Friday night and leave Sundays around noon. Not much time for loading. Maybe I'll bring it all home and get a bench set up here. A weekday evening might be the time. Kids go to bed and I have an hour to putz around.

Quote:
There were times over the years when reloading was inconvenient due other activities and life in general.
That's where I am now.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Frequent Contributor

i started in 1971 its my favorite hobby still.

ole yeller
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Frequent Contributor

i just wish i had more time and money to invest in it, but i only started 2 years ago.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Sage

I used to reload Super X and AA shotshells. After I went with the commission I really didn't have the time to do it any more nor was I able to hunt as much as before so after a few years I sold my reloader and everything that went with it. Haven't reloaded since 1975, except ,38 special ammo for my deputies for practice with the PGC's press in the regional office. Last time I loaded handgun ammo was 1988 when I left the field.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Last edited by Woods walker; 11-02-2018 at 02:50 PM.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:53 AM
dce
Sage

My son shoots a lot because shooting is fun.I reload a pile of stuff between Jan-April.
jimsdad likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page