Lead and Jacketed bullets - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiamovi

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Lead and Jacketed bullets

Anyone in SWPA needing lead. on Craig's list a guy in Irwin is selling lead shavings for a $1.00 a pound. I picked up 100 pounds last night. he has 1000 pounds. I have not tested the hardness yet but will when I get a slug made to test. I will post the BHN when I Do. Also Midway USA has. 224 Bullets for $7.07 per 100. I ordered 500 of The 62 Gr Spitzer Boat tail WC. They came yesterday, for Blem bullets the ones I got look very good. No need to wait on BHN I poured two slug. in case the first test was harder than pure lead.. the first test came out pure. so you will need too harden for cast bullets. Would be good for Muzzle loader as is.

Last edited by hornady; 08-10-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Add text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM

I looked at those bullets,it is a bulk package of 55 and 62 grain mixed.They will need sorted and 62 won't shoot good from my rifle.Thanks for the tip though.
Pahack likes this.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Jacketed

I thought the same thing, The 500 I ordered came in 5 small boxes of 100. all the boxes were 62 grain not mixed. I think they are sending boxes of 100 in 55 or 62. You could call first to be sure.
I get most of my 55 Grain from Mid-south shooters. There house brand run about $40.00 for 500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:54 PM

Check out Everglades ammo. I been using their bullets for plinking and they are reasonable. I got one thousand 30 Cal 147 grain (Not Pulled) for 135. Their 224 cal are reasonable and shoot really good. This cheap stuff is what I load for my nephews to blast off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page