Changing a MEC 600 Jr from 2 3/4 to 3 incher - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Question Changing a MEC 600 Jr from 2 3/4 to 3 incher

It must have been about 18 years ago... I was at a yard sale and there it was for $30.00. A loading bench with a MEC jr Press, a RCBS rifle/pistol Press, vices, bushings, charge bars, easy feed on the mec press.. So I purchased it.. I actually had a MEC press so I figure I buy the conversion kit and change the additional one to a 3 incher and of course keep my Verzamec a 2 3/4 12... I got the kit and the instructions at the time all seemed FRENCH.. so I said one of these days I would tackle it.. I never did... Yesterday I looked at the press sitting there and said I 'm going to change it out.. read the insturctions that by the way were not to good for a person who was going to change a press out for the first time..
I decided to go to YOUTUBE.. I watched a video of a person installing all the stations to an old MEC 600 Jr press... 29 Min video.. I went down to the reloading area and in 18 years and 20 minutes I made the old MEC 600 JR a 3 incher... Actually after watching the video on youtube the instructions changed right in front of my eyes from FRENCH to ENGLISH!!!!! Now I can reload not only 2 3/4 on the one press but 3 incher on the now upgraded press.. .Looking forward to loading some # 4 Buckshot and BB Nickle Plated coyotes loads for sure... I also have a VERZMEC in the 20 gauge press too.. Ah got to find another yard sale that has a 20 gauge press to change it to 3 incher... I do realize I could adjust the press in the back now with just changing the bolt out on the 20 to make it a 3 incher.. However just don't want to have to change it out back and forth back and forth... Besides I have so much 20 gauge ammo I need to go on quite a few grouse/rabbit hunts to use it up... My jest of this post while long is simple... In this day and age if the instructions seem to much FRENCH excape to HOW TOO on YOUTUBE to get a English Lesson!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 02:01 PM
The Man

Thank God for YouTube!! I use it all the time.

I also use a Lee Load-All for both 20 gage and 12 gage 3" steel and specialized lead loads. It is easy to load 3" rounds on the Lee especially since I load them individually.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page