Bullets for 6.5 Creedmoor - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Bullets for 6.5 Creedmoor

Hi fellas, I'm loading 120gr. Sierra Pro Hunter bullets in my Browning X bolt 6.5 CM and they are working good for deer hunting. But I'm wondering if anybody is using something better, all my shots are under 300 yards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Part of the Community

Little soft for a creedmor but I would think they would be fine for deer. At close range avoid heavy bones. They work well out of a grendel but thats around 2500 fps.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 02:15 AM
New Arrival

I shoot those and 120 grain Nostler BT out of a Remington .260 and a Ruger 77 .260 never had a problem with accuracy or killing deer at any range in a lot of different states to include my home state of KS. Dropped a 192 inch KS buck at 250 yards with one. Have killed over 30 bucks and all DRT. No matter where I hit them in the chest or neck. Use them in my daughters .260 and she. Has now killed 10 or so and they all DRT never even a step. Hard to top that performance. I also have a custom 6.5/06 with Douglas medium sporter airgauged barrel. I shoot 100 grain BT and at 3300 fps it vaporizes them. Killed on at known distance of 450 yards. DRT. A lot of guys will say you need a heavier bullet me and kids have about 65 to 70 whitetails killed and some west bruisers. None took more than a step ? Why change know. Son killed moose in AK last year with 7mm-08 took 5 steps fell over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page