Reloading DVD - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sekora

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Reloading DVD

Started reloading last summer. Had a friend help me get started but as I go along he is not always available to answer questions or help me. I have 2 reloading manuals but still have questions pop up. Cabela's have a RCBS and Hornadys DVDs. Has anyone used either of these? Which would you recommend? Which is most informative? Any help appreciated.

Freedom is NOT free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:07 PM

I haven't watched any DVD's but I doubt there is much more info in there than in a reloading book. I have Hornady book and it is pretty detailed in explaining the entire process. Between that and instructions that come with dies, tools, etc... I'm usually pretty good. I think the NRA offers reloading classes that you can take but I'm not sure if there is any in your area. Everyone has their own style and techniques. Me I usually load small batches of 20-50 at a time depending on what I'm shooting and i'm pretty meticulous about it. My Uncle on the other hand loads rounds by the thousands (without a progressive press) and is not so much into quality as he is quantity.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:17 PM
The Man

Check out YouTube. There is a lot of info. I would look for sites posted by Hornady, Sierra, Midway etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

I started last year also. I bought and read 4 manuals, read "The A B C's of Reloading", watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and read as much as I could on websites. As repetitive as the manuals seem after you read one, I can say that I at least got something out of every book I read. To answer your question, I bought a video called "Handloading Beyond the Basics". It gets more in depth with accuracy than I was ready for at the time but I will watch it again from time to time as I get deeper into this hobby.
Dogface likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Check out YouTube. There is a lot of info. I would look for sites posted by Hornady, Sierra, Midway etc.
+1
I have an experienced co-worker I could ask questions, but at home in the evening when I was making bullets is when questions arose and I used YouTube a lot. Just make sure you use the major manufacturers vids instead of some toothless weirdo missing half of his face.

Free men do not need permission to bear arms - Thomas Jefferson
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:36 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
+1
Just make sure you use the major manufacturers vids instead of some toothless weirdo missing half of his face.
I left that part out but that is what I meant.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys.

Freedom is NOT free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page