Back To Top
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kingston, PA 18704
Ruger Blackhawk 357 6 1/2" Barrel Questions
Good morning everyone, my 13 year old son has been on me asking to get a revolver that he can shoot and reload for. Last night I stopped by my local gun shop and found a used Ruger Blackhawk 357 with a 6 1/2" barrel for $294. I snatched it up right away.
So my questions begin with:
1. Can we hunt with this gun also?
2. If so, what is the biggest game that you'd hunt? I'm reading whitetail deer.
3. Just to make sure, can I shoot and practice with 38 Special's out of this gun?
4. If so, do I need to get a 38 Special die or can that also be done with the 357 die?
5. Does anyone else have this gun, hunt with this gun, and possibly have any load data (power, primers, bullet) information that they'd care to pass along to help?
I know that these are probably basic questions to some, and I apologize, but I've never had a 357 and am only about 6 months or more into reloading. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
NRA Lifetime Member