Brass/Bullet Sales - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Brass/Bullet Sales

where do you guys buy your lead and brass from online i just have been using powerdervalleyinc.com and midwayusa.com i used midway for the longest time but have noticed that they are a good bit more exspensive than powdervalleyinc.com. just wondering if thiers better deals to be had out thier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM

Re: Brass/Bullet Sales

Have you checked actual shipping charges?I know some places post cheap prices and gouge on shipping.I know prices at cheaperthandirt.com are more than Midway and shipping is about dead even.Some stuff I can buy local cheaper than paying for shipping.Powder and primers for sure.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

For years I ordered from Mid Way and others, lately most of my orders go to.
http://WWW.midsouthshooters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo666
Have you checked actual shipping charges?I know some places post cheap prices and gouge on shipping.I know prices at cheaperthandirt.com are more than Midway and shipping is about dead even.Some stuff I can buy local cheaper than paying for shipping.Powder and primers for sure.
Most of the guns i shoot i have a hard time finding the right grain and weight in bullets in local shops. ive never seen 338 300 grain match king for sale anywhere localy cabelas didnt even have them online for sale or in thier store so im kind of at the mercy of online.

i usually buy in bulk also so i think im saving i never really looked into it i usually order powder in 5# or 8# jugs. and my lead i usually order 500 at a time because i was buying them by the 100 and they went out of stock on me 1 time and i had to shoot a heavier grain caused me to have to make new drop charts a few days before rifle season.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornady
For years I ordered from Mid Way and others, lately most of my orders go to.
http://WWW.midsouthshooters.com
i checked them out they got alot of good stuff but powdervalleyinc.com is stil gonna have to be the best deals around thier 50-60$ less on thier 338 brass powder valley was 30$ less than midways on sale price for thier lapua brass.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM

You have to shop around to get the best prices. Some stores have better prices on certain items.

I use:

Midsouth Shooters Supply

Natchez Shooters Supply

Midway USA

Cabelas

I try and stock up every time I hit Sportsmans Warehouse, but they dont have too many of them back that way.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 PM

Matt did you ever ask the local shop what it would cost to order it in?In bulk as you always buy?Maybe find a couple other guys that need the same stuff?If they came close you would save on shipping.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo666
Matt did you ever ask the local shop what it would cost to order it in?In bulk as you always buy?Maybe find a couple other guys that need the same stuff?If they came close you would save on shipping.
HAHA.... Good One. Living in Wyoming, at least where I am doesnt have perks like that. I have to drive 90 miles to get to a decent sporting goods store. I stock up when out of town.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
The Man

I pretty much stopped buying anything gun related online. The local shop up the road can always get me anything available. He gets stuff in every Friday.

Last two things I bought was a bullet mould and 357 dies. Cheapest I could find online was $25 for the mould, and $36 for the dies plus shipping. I got the mould for $18, and the dies for $24. I even asked him if he forgot to mark them up (guy goes to work for the same reason I do). He said that was the price so I paid it before he changed his mind. Oh, and I didn't pay a dime for shipping.

I'm sure just about any local shop that is worth going to would do the same.

Venison - The other fast food
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 AM

My local club has a guy who occasionally solicits other members for bulk orders of powder, primers and bullets from PV. Sharing the Fedex and Hazmat charges brings the cost per unit down considerably.

I use Midsouth for most other stuff. Their rep told me they charge actual shipping charges, but the UPS label does not show the amount. Just bought a new chrony from Midsouth that was about $20 less than Midway USA.

benchrest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page