The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

LED "Cock pit" lights

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  djknyork 
#1 ·
I'm considering installing a couple of these. Has anyone found any that are small, but bright, and easy to install? I want to be able to wire them direct to a fuse panel with an on/off switch but in researching them I saw some have power supplies and etc... and look like they would be a pain.
Any models that you've had success with that are easy to install?
Thanks!

#5 ·
Sea Sense LED strip lights. They come 4, 6 or 12 LED's, I think. Hot and ground wire, with two mounting screws. I put 6 of the med. sized in my boat and it might have been too much. Haven't tried them on the water, but in the yard it almost kills my night vision. Here's what I used.

LED strip lights

#6 ·
Thanks trap... I think I saw those on amazon. I was thinking about just one on each side of my 17 foot duck boat. Battery powered ones might work too but I'd rather have something hard wired.
These are at the bottowm of my list of things to do... But when I get them installed I'll post a picture.

#8 ·
I installed led strips on my boat in a number of different places and wired them the exact same way you want. I ordered the light via amazon. They came in pairs of strips up to 36 leds per strip i beleive. very easy to hook up they had an adhesive back to them but i didnt trust it so i just epoxied them under the consoles, side gunnels, rod locker and glove box. Total cost of lights and a pack of 5 led lighted rocker switches and fuse holder.was 42 bucks. I choose green in color as to not get bugs and to not mess with night vision. it took me about 2 hours to do everything, including 10 min debating if i wanted to drill a hole in perfectly shiney fiberglass.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.