Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Gun Control Forum

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#2976921 - Wed Feb 27 2013 05:25 PM ammo only being sold to the Government?
bohunr Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: erie, pa
True or false? i dont know but i got this from anothe site, thought i would pass it on, its not mine,
ammo only being sold to the Government?

You may not know this but George Soros owns most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well. He's selling ONLY to the government right now, per WH & DHS orders. My son works for ATK, who owns just about all the rest of the ammunition companies that Soros doesn't own. He tells me that ATK has been ordered by the federal government to curtail sales of ammunition, primers and powder to the retail market. What you see currently on the shelves is old stock and what's left in the warehouses since the CT shootings and new stock will NOT be appearing anytime soon. ATK and Soros' companies have more than enough government contracts to keep them going for years to come.

Like Soros' companies, ATK is a huge defense contractor and they've been told to sell ONLY to the DOD, TSA, FBI, DHS and local/federal law enforcement agencies. This is VERY scary and VERY ominous for what's coming down the pike in the future.

My son has seen the proposed pricing schedule for Federal, CCI, Hornady, Remington, Winchester and several other ammunition manufacturer's lines of ammunition, components, reloading equipment (ATK owns Outers, RCBS, Hoppe and a host of others) and he's flabbergasted! As an example, when the sales of .22 LR bulk ammo resumes, the pricing will be over $50.00 for a 535-round Value Pak! That's nearly a dime-a-shot!! They're also going to raise the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the like. He's in management there at ATK in Salt Lake City and they're NOT happy with it at all! They firmly believe this will basically shut-down the civilian market while leaving the government as the only purchaser of their products. He saw the government pricing for the centerfire ammunition they've been stockpiling and their prices have actually dropped from a year ago so the feds are buying this stuff REAL cheap while we can't even get our hands on it at all!

Something I've always said since Obummer came onto the scene in 2008 is that, even if they can't actually ban the weapons themselves, the government will make it nearly impossible for us civilians to feed them with ammo, reloading components and the like. The WH doesn't HAVE to actually ban the guns, as Biden said in one of his many faux pas, foot-in-the-mouth, Freudian slip speeches he's famous for making. " All we have to do is to make it too expensive to use them and the public will eventually give them back to us if we offer an attractive price for these weapons". What's an "attractive price" - a $10.00 Walmart gift card for a $3,000.00 custom hunting rifle? Those were his EXACT words in one of the speeches he gave to the freshman congressmen last week! Remember, Biden was one of the architects of the Clinton gun ban of years ago. I think he's as dangerous to the Second Amendment as Obozo is, maybe more so, because he's so stupid and doesn't know the muzzle of a gun from the butt...

Feel free to pass this on so gun owners will be aware of what we're up against. I doubt the NRA can do anything about it, IMHO. La Pierre can get on all the talk shows he's invited to and cry the blues about the assault weapons laws that are forthcoming from the WH but the real crux of the matter will be whether or not we'll ever be able to purchase ammunition (at all) or, if we can, what we'll be paying for it.

As an aside, here, I deal a LOT with Midsouth Shooters Supply for my reloading components. Two weeks ago I ordered 500 cases each of .45 Casull, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum and 9mm Parabellum. I was told everything I had ordered was out-of-stock and no in-stock delivery date was being forecast. They wouldn't even accept a back order for this stuff! Think the government isn't manipulating it? Think again, my friend.

Edited by bohunr (Wed Feb 27 2013 05:26 PM)

#2976939 - Wed Feb 27 2013 05:34 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
John S Offline
Stopped counting

Loc: Lancaster,PA,Lancaster
I don't believe this for a minute, just internet trash.

#2976949 - Wed Feb 27 2013 05:44 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
Joe the Logger Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North Eastern,Pa
My main suppliers are getting better each week. No where near stocked up, but better. Bought powder today, 3 types, all off the shelf. 22lr ammo and 30 cal component bullets are the current out of stocks, simply because they are the vast majorities main guns. Some place have plenty of 22lr, some have none. The governmnent cannot order a public traded company not to sell to the public. That would be breaking a pile of laws. Trust me, I don't like whats going on, but that story is hogwash.

#2976960 - Wed Feb 27 2013 06:00 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
dietsch Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: north east
have to agree with john and joe . i'm seeing available components . just have to look at different suppliers

#2976975 - Wed Feb 27 2013 06:09 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
repsagA29 Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Monroe County
If its on the Internet it's true. "Bonjour"

#2977041 - Wed Feb 27 2013 06:50 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
mfuff Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Schuylkill Co.
I also have a friend that is an ATK employee. He did share that every round Federal/CCI/Speer can produce for the next 4 years is spoken for...meaning they have sold all they can make as fast as they can make them. And he said to the contrary about it going to the Gov't. He deals with the Law Enforcement sales and said the majority of ammo is being made for and sold by Cabelas and Wal-Mart and the LE/Military is second in line.

#2977128 - Wed Feb 27 2013 07:52 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
InVenangoNow Offline
Where's Da Beef?
The man

Loc: Not Here
Yep. I wonder who gains to start a rumour like this.

#2977146 - Wed Feb 27 2013 07:59 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: InVenangoNow]
jimsdad Offline
Honored

Loc: Chester County, PA
Maybe it's the same cruel people who claim there is a cat in a pile of junk? I'm just asking an innocent question. help

#2977153 - Wed Feb 27 2013 08:03 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: mfuff]
Alpine Shooter Offline
veteran

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: mfuff
I also have a friend that is an ATK employee. He did share that every round Federal/CCI/Speer can produce for the next 4 years is spoken for...meaning they have sold all they can make as fast as they can make them. And he said to the contrary about it going to the Gov't. He deals with the Law Enforcement sales and said the majority of ammo is being made for and sold by Cabelas and Wal-Mart and the LE/Military is second in line.

They are making billions of rounds combined a day and Cabelas and Walmart have a limited to no selection. Explain that. They are in fact selling backstock. And it may be 3 to 4 months, call Cabelas 800 number.

Edited by Alpine Shooter (Wed Feb 27 2013 08:04 PM)

#2977154 - Wed Feb 27 2013 08:03 PM Re: ammo only being sold to the Government? [Re: bohunr]
GRock Offline
On the board

Loc: 4c
Just like snow shovels and rock salt, becomes hard to find right after a storm hits. There will be plenty of ammo to go around in the future.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  casey, Samuel, Tracker 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
27 registered (Bearclaw, 10der222, atr, BlkKnt62, beagler, BCozhunter, 2 invisible), 293 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
kris11b, TaTaToothy, hondakilla98, Spearman51, edritchey
33649 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Land purchase question
by mus42tang
Today at 02:11 AM
Justin Timberlake
by atr
Today at 02:05 AM
Huntingpa/pocono bear gang success
by beagler
Today at 01:51 AM
First day bruin
by beagler
Today at 01:49 AM
No day 1 thread?
by pavarmit
Today at 01:43 AM
identification HELP
by shooter33
Today at 12:38 AM
safety zone
by Bill_Weber_RRT
Today at 12:30 AM
New Topics
Justin Timberlake
by atr
Homecoming 2014
by gophergunner
11:28 PM
wood burner
by comblockshooter
10:40 PM
hunting dog
by goosehunter12
10:24 PM
Guess Who Part Two??????
by dc 21
09:32 PM
Montana Rifle Elk
by josh77
09:22 PM
WV Skyview's Beagles Hunting PA Help This Week???
by Mark Carder
09:01 PM
Top Posters
great white hunter 35678
RonM 30880
RB-HPA 27983
Bluetick 24017
DennyF 22976
TATERDAVID 22737
SigPro2340 21480
Peppy 20895
DIYASUB 20651