Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

General Hunting Forum

Topic Options
#2968639 - Tue Feb 19 2013 08:49 PM safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA
Brine Offline
old hand

Loc: NW PA
I know some of you guys know the brand, and maybe have owned it in the past.

My question is, how did you prevent it from being "stiff-as-a-board"?

I have a jacket that has been passed down to me, its in new condition, but it's as rigid as can be.

Making memories.

#2968651 - Tue Feb 19 2013 08:57 PM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Brine]
Joe the Logger Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North Eastern,Pa
Toss it in the washer with some 20 Mule or other old fashion soap. Just let it soak for an hour, then turn the machine on. Problem solved !
I still have my Saf t Bak vest I got when I was 12, although it seems painfully "snug". things shrink alot over the years, LOL!

#2968658 - Tue Feb 19 2013 09:01 PM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Brine]
timberdoodle Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Bradford Co. Pa
use it....it'll soften up!!

Pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking off everyone off is simple

#2968659 - Tue Feb 19 2013 09:01 PM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Joe the Logger]
Brine Offline
old hand

Loc: NW PA
Originally Posted By: Joe the Logger
Toss it in the washer with some 20 Mule or other old fashion soap. Just let it soak for an hour, then turn the machine on. Problem solved !
I still have my Saf t Bak vest I got when I was 12, although it seems painfully "snug". things shrink alot over the years, LOL!

Thanks I'll give give it a try this week!

Making memories.

#2969017 - Wed Feb 20 2013 09:41 AM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Brine]
Amos & Buster Online   content

Loc: Perry County
I'm 37 and have 2 small game vests & matching brush pants that were handed down to my brother & I when we started hunting. They were old then & are still functional to this day. We still have both of them & I can squeeze into mine in the early part of the season. My vest has been through he## & back with lots of make shift alterations to keep shells from falling out of the holes in the pockets. If only I had a jurnal to log all the places that vest has been, hours spent in the field, & the countless game animals carried in the game bag.

#2969044 - Wed Feb 20 2013 10:22 AM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Amos & Buster]
treemouse Offline
old hand

Loc: Enola
I have a SafTbak small game coat with the green quilted shooting patch on the shoulder. It's a little stiff. Also have a camo SafTbak fishing vest that's been sewed and patched a few times.

#2970111 - Thu Feb 21 2013 12:29 AM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Brine]
Buckshot1822 Offline
Honored

Loc: Clearfield County (2g)
Originally Posted By: Brine

DO NOT throw it is the washing machine......the tag on mine says specifically DO NOT dry clean, DO NOT wash in washing machine, DO NOT immerse in water.....

I mix up some water and laundry soap in a bucket, and wash mine using a cloth dampened with that solution.....

I have pants and a jacket that were my Pap's that I got after he passed away.......I'm sure they hadnt fit him in ages, but they are a good well made product...

I wear the coat a lot every year when small game hunting....

Edited by Buckshot1822 (Thu Feb 21 2013 12:30 AM)

#2970137 - Thu Feb 21 2013 04:47 AM Re: safTbak Hunting Clothes -Altoona,PA [Re: Buckshot1822]
BCozhunter Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Still not home
Originally Posted By: Buckshot1822
Originally Posted By: Brine

DO NOT throw it is the washing machine......the tag on mine says specifically DO NOT dry clean, DO NOT wash in washing machine, DO NOT immerse in water.....

I mix up some water and laundry soap in a bucket, and wash mine using a cloth dampened with that solution.....

I have pants and a jacket that were my Pap's that I got after he passed away.......I'm sure they hadnt fit him in ages, but they are a good well made product...

I wear the coat a lot every year when small game hunting....

I second the "do not immerse in water" statement. I've received several hand me downs due to older brothers trying to wash their canvas jackets or pants, as well passed down some of mine to my son!

I still have a few Saf T Bak items, vest, brush pants, and jacket. The only time I know of them being washed is if it rained hard.
Besides, one of the "smells of hunting" I like the most is the smell of well used canvas jacket! grin thumbs

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.

Moderator:  Ole' Raspy, Peppy, treestand91 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
327 registered (17 furball, 19Delta, 10der222, 25-OTT6, 1shot2kills, 29 invisible), 896 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
4D_Buckslayer, backyardhunter, GoatBoy, bobberz87, JHof88
33439 Registered Users
Recent Posts
hunting video of last week
by John-PA
10-20-14
by Callmaker60
no word on the Cop Killer...
by chez