Outdoor Community

Small Game Forum

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#2599713 - Mon Feb 27 2012 10:21 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: timberdoodle]
Lynnappelman Online   content
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Montour County
I understand the dislike of the dog regulations in the WPRA. I don't undertand it from someone not affected by it though. The WPRAs have a very small percentage of the states acres. The protection was felt necessary for law enforcement to enforce any type of law. If all it took was for a hunter to say "I'm hunting rabbits not pheasants" no law could be enforceable. Also, nobody has to drive 30 minutes to get out of a WPRA unless they are on a bicycle. The restrictions are also for a limited time.

Edited by LynnAppelman (Mon Feb 27 2012 11:12 PM)

#2599759 - Tue Feb 28 2012 12:24 AM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
Amos & Buster Offline

Loc: Perry County
I applaud the efforts of everyone involved with the habitat work being done & realize that many species benefit from these efforts. However, there are other groups out there that enjoy persuing game other than pheasants/ upland birds with their dogs. If the current regs applied to only public land or publically advertised accessible property, I'd accept that. It's my oppinion that as hunting dog fanciers we should come together and see to it that the regs get cleaned up. All sides should see to it that the powers that be within the PGC rewrite the regs to allow all dog activities that do not specifically target the repeated flushing of pheasants during the nesting period. Enforcement, that's difficult to pin down... I'd suggest a written warning for the first offense, then the ability for the WCO to identify that the person's a repeat offender. If a racccoon habitat /managemnet program is established, I'd be willing to lay my dogs up during the timeframe which the sows are nursing their litters as long as we keep all other hunting dogs out of the woods as well. Now assume that this dog training restriction coincided with the better part of 5 months out of the year & during a timeframe inwhich you may be starting a young dog. That's basically what is being asked of us to accomodate the pheasant program. I am not a land owner in a WPRA but a hunter who was impacted by the regs. The landowners that I currently have permission to hunt do not manage their properties for pheasants & some were unfamiliar with the regs associated with the WPRA's. Access to quality hunting grounds is getting increasingly difficult & expecting me to relocate to new areas isn't as easy as earlier suggested. This post wasn't inteded to bash anyone, their efforts, or beliefs, rather an attempt to point out my point of view & pass some time until this foolish race gets restarted.

#2599811 - Tue Feb 28 2012 06:44 AM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: timberdoodle]
FLDBRED Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: N.E. PA.
Originally Posted By: timberdoodle
Dan, We both know of wild population in existance in an area that defies any logic..no farmland. rampant pollution, fragmentation, and absolutely no government intervention...Maybe that is the secret! jestera

Those birds are SPECIAL indeed Tom, and there are more areas like that, some closer to YOU than you might think! wink wink

#2599932 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:18 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
Pine-Creek Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Pa Mountains, Life Member NRA
Gentlemen,
I am going to talk to Eric Miller about what actually happened, setting up these WPRA's. If infact the PGC has
somehow over stepped its boundries, I want to know about it.
If you are not part of the WPRA program, there is no way the PGC can tell you that you are not allowed to run your own dog on your own private property, unless you have already committed to the program. No Pheasant, special program or not, will ever take my private property rights away from me, the PGC can not over ride a County Sheriff.
Trespass laws here in Pa even stop the PGC from entering your land once you put up the signs. Now if you are on someone elses land, that becomes a completely different matter.
If the PGC has actually done this, which somehow I really doubt, contact your County Sheriff and post no trespassing signs on your land, private property rights here in Pa can not be over ridden, unless a search warrant is granted, by a judge.
Pine Creek/Dave

Edited by Pine-Creek (Tue Feb 28 2012 02:28 PM)

#2599934 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:20 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
timberdoodle Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Bradford Co. Pa
I'd re think that ....

“If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.”

#2599957 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:40 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
Pine-Creek Offline
Pooh-Bah

Timberddoodle,
Nothing to rethink, Trespass laws here in Pa work in this manner, once the property is posted no Trespassing
and the Sheriffs dept is notified anyone entering the property is to be wared and fined the 1st time, the 2nd
trangression becomes Aggravated Trespassing and the Trespasser can be arrested, even the PGC, and the PGC knows it. Nobody takes legal presidence on a County Sheriff here in Pa, not even the PGC. Your private property law falls under County Sheriff jurisdiction for law enforcement purposes, in Pa. If this was happening on my land I would call the County Sheriff.

Edited by Pine-Creek (Tue Feb 28 2012 02:44 PM)

#2599958 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:42 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
timberdoodle Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Bradford Co. Pa
cite your sources...

“If Obama had a city, it would look like Detroit.”

#2599961 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:45 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
Pine-Creek Offline
Pooh-Bah

Call the County Sheriff and find out for your self.
I am surprised if the PGC has over reached that some land owner has not taken legal action. PGC rules do not over ride civil & criminal law here in Pa.
Pa State Constitution
Pine Creek/Dave

Edited by Pine-Creek (Tue Feb 28 2012 02:56 PM)

#2599976 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:58 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: Pine-Creek]
thwho Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Perkasie
Originally Posted By: Pine-Creek
Timberddoodle,
Nothing to rethink, Trespass laws here in Pa work in this manner, once the property is posted no Trespassing
and the Sheriffs dept is notified anyone entering the property is to be wared and fined the 1st time, the 2nd
trangression becomes Aggravated Trespassing and the Trespasser can be arrested, even the PGC, and the PGC knows it. Nobody takes legal presidence on a County Sheriff here in Pa, not even the PGC. Your private property law falls under County Sheriff jurisdiction for law enforcement purposes, in Pa. If this was happening on my land I would call the County Sheriff.

Might want to check your facts before giving inncorect information.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=575665&mode=2

CHAPTER 9
ENFORCEMENT
Subchapter
A. General Provisions
B. Prosecution and Penalties
SUBCHAPTER A
GENERAL PROVISIONS
Sec. 901. Amended December 17, 1990, Act No. 180-1990, December 19, 1996, Act No. 184, December 21, 1998, Act No. 1998-166, June 28, 2002, Act No. 2001-79, Effective August 28, 2002 and October 7, 2010, Act No. 64, Effective December 6, 2010.
Sec. 901. Powers and duties of enforcement officers.
(a) Powers.--Any officer whose duty it is to enforce this title or any officer investigating any alleged violation of this title shall have the power and duty to:
(1) Enforce all laws of this Commonwealth relating to game or wildlife and arrest any person who has violated any of the provisions of this title while in pursuit of that person immediately following the violation.
(2) Go upon any land or water outside of buildings, except curtilage, posted or otherwise, in the performance of the officer's duty.

#2600013 - Tue Feb 28 2012 03:29 PM Re: Great Job PGC ! [Re: FLDBRED]
treed74 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: New Cumberland
Good info Pine Creek.

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  corey22, Moss, TurkeyMike 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
143 registered (3Dcabindweller, 007Mike, AgesofDays, atr, 11 invisible), 276 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
tpr25, DH11, Firelight, Jim Keee, bigturk88
32866 Registered Users
Recent Posts
The last letter game
by RonM
1 minute 45 seconds ago
this may opener stinks
by DrakesOnly
4 minutes 6 seconds ago
Public hunting ideas..help needed
by Bearklr
4 minutes 29 seconds ago
Bobcat Abundance - Fun With Numbers
by Borden811
19 minutes 51 seconds ago
speed dip removal
by cooncrazy
25 minutes 47 seconds ago
YOUTH SEASON 4/26....NOT 4/19!!
by rsmithpa
26 minutes 2 seconds ago
Bear
by Curly Maple
27 minutes 10 seconds ago
New Topics
Savage 840
by BuckFever101
Today at 12:23 PM
used traps
by beaver boy
Today at 12:11 PM
speed dip removal
by beaver boy
Today at 12:05 PM
YOUTH SEASON 4/26....NOT 4/19!!
by MQ-1
Today at 11:47 AM
Cruise ships and Ferry boats-whoa .
by willyp
Today at 11:42 AM
Pymatuning Walleye
by KravenTheHunter
Today at 11:15 AM
Dave Smith Turkey Hen Decoy (Upright)
by deucebump
Today at 11:14 AM
Top Posters
John S 37928
great white hunter 34421
RB-HPA 27568
RonM 26076
Bluetick 23208
DennyF 22652
TATERDAVID 22392
SigPro2340 21357
Peppy 20513
DIYASUB 19560
Forum Stats
32866 Members
100 Forums
103019 Topics
1310873 Posts

Max Online: 1692 @ Mon Dec 02 2013 08:38 PM

Please note: To post or reply to posts you must be a registered member and be logged in. You can register by clicking on New User on the message board menu.