Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Taxidermy and Tanning Forum

Topic Options
#2595263 - Fri Feb 24 2012 12:43 PM PA Taxidermy Championships---Business Seminar
Paul C Offline
old hand

Loc: Erie, PA
A new BUSINESS seminar has just been added to the already terrific list of seminars for next week's convention. Christie Mahany, Marketing expert and taxidermy guru, will be presenting a fantastic Business Seminar on Friday afternoon. This seminar will be covering "Word of Mouth" and "Referrals" and she will explain how to actually make these work for you.
This one time only seminar is being offered in a special time slot so that there is NOTHING else going on at that time---so you don't have to pick and choose which one to see.
If there was seminar that is a MUST SEE in order to help your business grow THIS IS IT! Don't miss it!

#2595278 - Fri Feb 24 2012 12:57 PM Re: PA Taxidermy Championships---Business Seminar [Re: Paul C]
wife-to-mike-o Offline
On the board

Loc: chester county, spring city, p...
thumbs

#2595288 - Fri Feb 24 2012 01:11 PM Re: PA Taxidermy Championships---Business Seminar [Re: wife-to-mike-o]
JoeSimmons Offline
enthusiast

Loc: SlipperyRock ,Pa
X3

#2596416 - Sat Feb 25 2012 11:42 AM Re: PA Taxidermy Championships---Business Seminar [Re: Paul C]
Robby5A Offline
apprentice

Loc: NE 5A
I would hope that every taxidermist would know that "word of mouth" is the best form of advertising; and it is free. I would also hope. that most taxidermists know how to use referrals to increase your business and customer base.

What I would like to see is a seminar on Business Ethics or Professional Respect at these seminars. I know alot of Taxidermists would benefit from it.

I would also like to see some seminars for taxidermists on basic customer service. Too many times I have seen taxidermists treat potential customers and other taxidermists like pieces of trash if they do not fit into their elitist belief system or circle.

Edited by Robby5A (Sat Feb 25 2012 11:57 AM)

#2596484 - Sat Feb 25 2012 12:47 PM Re: PA Taxidermy Championships---Business Seminar [Re: Robby5A]
Paul C Offline
old hand

Loc: Erie, PA
Originally Posted By: Robby5A
I would hope that every taxidermist would know that "word of mouth" is the best form of advertising; and it is free. I would also hope. that most taxidermists know how to use referrals to increase your business and customer base.

What I would like to see is a seminar on Business Ethics or Professional Respect at these seminars. I know alot of Taxidermists would benefit from it.

I would also like to see some seminars for taxidermists on basic customer service. Too many times I have seen taxidermists treat potential customers and other taxidermists like pieces of trash if they do not fit into their elitist belief system or circle.

You would be amazed at how many taxidermists do not know how to CORRECTLY use referrals and I'm willing to bet you haven't heard any of Christie's information either. There's more to it than just telling your client to tell others about you. Its an actual "system" that works!

As far as "Business Ethics or Professional Respect" is concerned I would say that goes more to what kind of person you are personally---not what kind of skills you have. However, I'm sure the PTA Board would love to hear your request---simply approach a Board Member at the Convention next week and let him/her know what you would like to see.

Christie's seminar happened at the last minute because of an overwhelming number of requests after the seminar schedule came out. If you ask for it they will deliver.
See ya next week!

Moderator:  foxtrapperwoman, gary3414 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
71 registered (Big Chris, 11bdickey, ar33c9, archer40, BCozhunter, 79inpa, 3 invisible), 292 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
hunter32, kt9685, esteadman6, Jrcampbell, etaz
33643 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Good luck everyone
by LLB
2 sets, 2 minutes, 2 fox
by BoondockOutdoors
Pocono bear drive openings
by hunterdan199
04:11 AM
M&M Season!
by dietsch
04:09 AM
never thought I'd post this but...another big cat?
by Owninator
03:50 AM
Old Time Game Photos
by Goosehunter
03:39 AM
Natural Blind
by Hunterknapp16
02:21 AM
New Topics
Luke Bryan
by atr
02:17 AM
2 sets, 2 minutes, 2 fox
by Hunterknapp16
02:14 AM
Illinois success
by PA12pt
01:00 AM
Natural Blind
by WestPhillyFam
12:17 AM
Skunk question
by BlazinTrails
11:57 PM
First trip of the season!!!
by goalscorer
09:20 PM
My father in law has a .219 zipper. Ammo?
by 67kmq
08:34 PM
Top Posters
great white hunter 35667
RonM 30860
RB-HPA 27983
Bluetick 24017
DennyF 22976
TATERDAVID 22737
SigPro2340 21480
Peppy 20895
DIYASUB 20648