Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Archery Hunting Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2536077 - Thu Jan 12 2012 12:46 PM MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER???
The Buck Slayer Offline
journeyman

Loc: Shippensburg Pa
I am really interested in the New Elite Answer and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Elite line compared to the other name brands I listed? I plan on shooting them all but the closest Elite dealer is about 2 hrs away.

#2536225 - Thu Jan 12 2012 02:35 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: The Buck Slayer]
shootbowtech Offline
HPA Commercial Advertiser
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Washington County
I used to shoot for Elite, and they make an awesome bow. I never had any problems with mine. Ive also shot for Bowtech and PSE. All awesome bows and all great companies. Same goes for Mathews, I just wont shoot one. You cant beat the quality of the limbs on the Elites. The Answer looks like an awesome bow. Havent had one in my hands yet, but the cam design looks like the draw cycle will be nice and smooth, even with the speed mods. Elite bows all have super solid back walls with the double limb stops. The 7" brace height and 340 IBO makes it an awesome hunting bow, and its not too short and not too long. You also cant beat the transferrable lifetime warranty that comes with Elite bows. Even though I currently shoot a PSE, I highly recommend Elite bows. You cant go wrong with them. Also make sure you pick up that new Bowtech Insanity. Im hearing rave reviews on it already from guys who shot it at the ATA show.

#2537081 - Thu Jan 12 2012 10:03 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: shootbowtech]
NewburgFarmboy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Newburg/Shippensburg, PA
I had a problem with Elite's customer service just recently, but my 2011 Elite Pure is smooth, SOLID back wall, and at 55 lbs...it's more than fast enough to do the job.

Since your from Shippensburg, go to Shooting The X in Carlisle and test shoot all the bows you want.

#2537178 - Thu Jan 12 2012 11:04 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: NewburgFarmboy]
The Buck Slayer Offline
journeyman

Loc: Shippensburg Pa
Does shooting the X in Carlisle have Elites?

#2537249 - Fri Jan 13 2012 01:23 AM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: The Buck Slayer]
shootbowtech Offline
HPA Commercial Advertiser
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Washington County
I was just up there and saw Strothers and Bear, but I dont know if I saw any Elites. Give them a call...And if your from ship, its only a little over an hour here to York. I have two Eite dealers nearby. Red Lion Archery, and Lancaster Archery

#2537378 - Fri Jan 13 2012 08:17 AM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: shootbowtech]
kozman4907 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: SOUTH EASTERN PA ,BUCKS COUNTY
I can share my thoughts...Elite makes a good/solid bow. They kinda fell flat with 2011 line up. (IMO) But the new bow bows seem very nice. I owned a few from Elite. All were nice shooters.

Strothers has better bows for the following resason. Fit and finish is perfect. Strings A+. The draw cycle suits me better. The way the Strothers cam loads into the draw feels better for "me". Also no huge bump when ya go into the valley.

I have no comment on BT. I got burned by them with my last bow and will never go back to that company. But that just me I am kinda stubbern that way.

I go through kinda lot of bows in year. Last year I have owned 5-6 differnt bows. I buy and sell looking for the "best bow".... No such animal right. lol

The Strothers line is very nice, I am currently shooting the 2011 Vanquish, 28.5 DL and set at 71 pounds. Wow this bow is nice. Also kinda sexy dressed in all black!

koz

#2537727 - Fri Jan 13 2012 11:52 AM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: kozman4907]
NewburgFarmboy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Newburg/Shippensburg, PA
What shootbowtech said....I think because of the bad relationship between Elite and Shooting the X, Shooting the X is dropping the Elite line of bows. If you can hold off from buying one, I would wait and read reviews online and then go to Lancaster Archery, Shooting the X or even Keck's in Newville to test shoot all the bows that interest you. (Keck's seems alittle pricey though) In a month or so all the pro shops will have a new stock of bows in and the guys buying new bows will be trading in there old ones. Just my opinion though.

#2537968 - Fri Jan 13 2012 02:09 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: NewburgFarmboy]
dwyer360 Offline

Loc: Northwest PA
You mean they make others bows besides Mathews????

#2538248 - Fri Jan 13 2012 05:47 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: dwyer360]
uplandr Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Bucks Co.
I bought one of the first Answers. I sold it several days later. The strings were garbage, my peep just kept moving on me. We could not broadhead tune it. I've owned several Elites, this one turned me off (the poaching matter doesn't help either).
The new Strother lineup is very impressive, although I've yet to see one. Very interested in the Wrath. I read an archery trade magazine write up on the company and the owners (post KS) sounded dedicated to a great product. I will be taking that ride soon. I did have an Infinity, but the lack of a valley meant it didn;t stay around long either.
Loved my Monster 7 and Z9 too.

#2538400 - Fri Jan 13 2012 07:39 PM Re: MATHEWS VS ELITE VS BOWTECH VS STROTHER??? [Re: uplandr]
Octoberjohn Offline
enthusiast

Loc: 2D-Butler County
I just wanted to throw this out there for everyone too. I shot almost all of the bows at the ATA show and my personal favorite hands downs was the Obsession Archery lineup. They have three new bows out this year and all of them were awesome!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Adam, KenBuck, Peppy, Realtrehntr, TurkeyMike 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
338 registered (284, 10der222, 06canyon, 20gapnut, 123britt321, 25-OTT6, 27 invisible), 948 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
hunter32, kt9685, esteadman6, Jrcampbell, etaz
33643 Registered Users
Recent Posts
State land deer hunting
by goalscorer
Problem with Wildgame Innovations Cam..
by BradleyRas
25-06 or 270?
by old06
WTB Nosler .358 ballistic tips.
by SCRHUNTER
Albino Spike
by eddie spaghetti
Standing for bear?
by span870
Planting a trespassing barrier
by PAGSPHUNTING
New Topics
First trip of the season!!!
by goalscorer
15 minutes 55 seconds ago
My father in law has a .219 zipper. Ammo?
by 67kmq
Today at 08:34 PM
Hunting dogs are amazing
by Boatman
Today at 08:27 PM
Euro mount of my wife's buck
by cspot
Today at 08:27 PM
Really? Rain?
by muskyman62
Today at 07:31 PM
Land purchase question