Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Trail Camera Forum

Topic Options
#2277134 - Fri Jul 01 2011 10:05 PM Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras
littlegopher Offline
old hand

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
I've been on several forums where members have mentioned having problems with their cameras or SD cards. I emailed Moultrie asking why some SD cards will not work properly in their cameras. Here is their quick (3 day) response and I quote the following:
Use PNY, Sandisk, or Lexar SD cards. Don't use Ultra, Highspeed (HS), Optima or Micro cards as they will not work in our cameras. Also make sure your card speed is a "2". This is found on the card or in a "C" on the card. If the card doesn't have this it should be ok to use as new cards out now have speeds (2, 4, 6, 8, 10).
Don't use a SD card that is too big for the camera: ex. don't use an 8 gig card in a camera that takes up to a 4 gig as the camera can not read a card that is too big for it.
Never erase your SD card with anything but the camera that took the pictures: ex. your PC, another camera or a card reader as doing so could cause the camera to lock up. Don't use a card that has been used in another camera as it could have a different format than our cameras. I am assuming by a different camera, they mean a different brand of camera. If this is the case with your SD card you will need to buy a new card. Only use Duracell or Energizer batteries.
I was very happy with Moultries quick response and to receive this information to pass on to the forum members. Good luck.

#2277160 - Fri Jul 01 2011 10:40 PM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: littlegopher]
MHM15851 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Reynoldsville, PA
I tried multiple cards (1GB, 2GB and 4GB) and multiple brands (SanDisk, and 2 generic off brands) with no problems whatsoever.

#2277196 - Fri Jul 01 2011 11:30 PM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: MHM15851]
bigbuck78 Offline
On the board

Loc: America
i use sandisk

#2277209 - Sat Jul 02 2011 12:30 AM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: bigbuck78]
Paul D. Angello Offline
On the board

Loc: Shippensburg , Cumberland Coun...
They actually sent me a 1G transcend brand card when my 8g scan disk didnt work.
the 2g scandisk works as well.o
I would liek to try using a 4g scan disk.
Any one have any luck we with it.
I have a d55 ir

#2277210 - Sat Jul 02 2011 12:56 AM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: Paul D. Angello]
littlegopher Offline
old hand

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Paul D. Angello: I just checked "Moultriefeeders.com" for the specifications on the D55-IR camera and that camera will except up to 16 gig card. I have 3 of that model camera set for video. In the video setting it will take a picture first, then the video. I did the software upgrade where it shortens the delay to 5 second. I have had very good luck with this camera series and use cards up to 2 gig as some of my earlier cameras were limited to that size. I use Lexar, Verbatim, Sandisk, ADAPTA and Kodak SD cards. Kodak will work but not as good as the other brands. These cards are also used in other camera brands: SpyPoint IRB and the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. I format all my cards in the computer and the ones I use in the Bushnell get formatted again in that camera. So far I have not had any problems with the cards. In the SpyPoint I use Sandisk and Lexar. You should be okay as long as you stay to the number 2 which you will find on the front of the card inside the letter C which is mentioned by Moultrie in my post above. Good luck.

#2277260 - Sat Jul 02 2011 07:42 AM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: littlegopher]
SavageRun Offline
On the board

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I was having the same problem with my three Moultrie M-80s, so I recently ordered six Moultrie SD cards hoping that this will solve the problem. All of my other cameras are Primos and Cuddeback, so I will use the Moultrie cards only with the Moultrie cameras and I got six so that I can switch them out when I go to camp and then review them at home. Now I just have to hope that the Moultrie cards will definitely work in the M-80s without any problems. I will say that I do really like the cameras, I just need to get the card issue figured out.

That is interesting where they said that you have to delete the pictures only with the camera and not on a computer. I always like to do it at home so that I don't have to worry about it (or forget) when i'm in the woods at the cameras.

Thanks for the information - it is helpful.

#2277317 - Sat Jul 02 2011 09:35 AM Re: Recommended SD Cards For Moultrie Cameras [Re: SavageRun]
Red870 Offline
apprentice

Loc: Pa
I had my M100 lock up on me when i first got it. I cleared the card on my computer and than put it in the cam, and it wouldent do anything. It wouldent turn on or nothin, I took the card out and than took the batteries out. I formated the card in one of my digital cameras than tried it again it worked. I now deleat all except one or two photos on the card with my computer and it seems to work good now. I think leaving a pic or two on the card keeps it programed with the cam.

Moderator:  BCozhunter, Blazer, Peppy 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
246 registered (12pointfeva, 1shot2kills, 36years, 3D Hunter, 1flyfish, 17 invisible), 545 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
ARCHERIKOUNTRY, mattyice, BushkillPA, Cbo, BAhunting
33195 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Anyone else hunt doves in Mckean county?
by ratherbhuntin
1 minute 16 seconds ago
4th annual HPA Bow Contest Sign up/Rules
by RPM
5 minutes 42 seconds ago
This might be rough!
by DDX
8 minutes 20 seconds ago
If you could pick another hunting dog to try...
by Smoke'n Mack
9 minutes 54 seconds ago
SLOW!!!!!
by Trout 2003
12 minutes 6 seconds ago
Bird belt?
by TurkeyMike
12 minutes 59 seconds ago
spotlight as much since trail cameras?
by Skifunk2
24 minutes 41 seconds ago
New Topics