Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Outdoor Issues Forum

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2241025 - Sun May 15 2011 12:27 PM Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation
Guest3 Offline
Stopped counting

Loc: 2A, 2B

The Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation is focused on ensuring that hunters, anglers and others who enjoy the outdoors have a voice in the debate about how to balance natural gas drilling /slick water / fracking with important values, including clean water, healthy habitats and our hunting & angling heritage.

http://sportsmenalliance.org/

SAMC Summit Meeting

Saturday, June 4th

University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown Campus

Sportsmen and women, and conservation groups are working together to identify and propose solutions to mitigate the impacts from gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing on hunting, fishing and trapping experiences.

Learn more about the Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation efforts and listen to experts in the field, along with sportsmen and women with first-hand experience, discuss the following topics:

[ ] Potential impacts of Marcellus Shale gas development on wildlife, coldwater fisheries, and habitat and forest ecosystems;

[ ] Impacts of Marcellus Shale gas development on the outdoors experience;

[ ] Lessons from oil & gas development in the West;

[ ] What you can do as an individual outdoorsmen; and

[ ] How sportsmen and women interests can be protected through policies and best management practices that protect fish, wildlife and the outdoors experience.

Doors open at 8:00 a.m.,

Opening remarks start at 8:45 a.m. and

the conference will conclude by 4:30 p.m.

Directions to the Summit: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/directions.htm

Food and Lodging: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/FnL.htm

Summit Details: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/conference.htm

Attendance is free, space is limited

Registration is required

Registration closes on May 31, 2011

The Sportsmen Marcellus Shale Summit is sponsored by the Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation, comprised of the following organizations:

Trout Unlimited (along with several state chapters)
Quality Deer Management Association
Izaak Walton League
The Wildlife Society
New York State Trappers Association
PA Forest Coalition
Theodore Gordon Fly Fishers

#2242950 - Tue May 17 2011 03:08 PM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: Guest3]
jjgeorge2 Offline
On the board

Loc: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Boy I would love to go to this, but don't think I'll be up to making the drive with a 41st Bday party the night before and another long day trip planned on the 5th.

Looking through the links, I didn't see any indication that any gas industry reps would be participating. If that is true, I think it is unfortunate. There are lots of stories (not in the media) of the gas companies making a lot of effort to reach out to local landowners and stakeholders. Lots of great conservation orgs that I respect a lot on that list, but I worry about it becoming an "us vs them" discussion if "them" aren't involved. Hopefully some of the individual attendees will have some personal industry experience. I'm sure it will be an interesting day for those fortunate enough to make it.

#2243039 - Tue May 17 2011 04:58 PM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: jjgeorge2]
Guest3 Offline
Stopped counting

Most of us have met with industry and have a good raport with them. This is more for information and education.

#2243044 - Tue May 17 2011 05:01 PM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: Guest3]
Guest3 Offline
Stopped counting

Actually went and looked at the agenda and industry is being represented.

Closing panel discussion will feature what individual sportsmen, agencies and industry are doing or can do to ensure that sportsmenʹs interests and fish, wildlife and water are protected. This panel will features speakers from industry, an agency, individual sportsmen and a sportsmen conservation group.

#2243574 - Wed May 18 2011 07:22 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: Guest3]
oliver88 Offline
On the board

Loc: pa
Seems like a waste of time to go. a lot of anti-drilling will be there!

#2243578 - Wed May 18 2011 07:25 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: oliver88]
Guest3 Offline
Stopped counting

Originally Posted By: oliver88
Seems like a waste of time to go. a lot of anti-drilling will be there!

That just isnt true Oliver.

You dont want to attend, then don't, but its going to be a good meeting and if people can make it, I suggest they go. Lots of good information will be provided.

#2246383 - Sat May 21 2011 08:41 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: Guest3]
jjgeorge2 Offline
On the board

Loc: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Thanks, I missed that line on my first read. I don't think this will be a big "anti-drilling" day at all. Wish I had the time to go. Hope to see something published with details of what was discussed for those of us that couldn't make it.

#2246403 - Sat May 21 2011 09:26 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: jjgeorge2]
timberdoodle Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Bradford Co. Pa

Edited by timberdoodle (Sat May 21 2011 09:31 AM)

Pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking off everyone off is simple

#2246419 - Sat May 21 2011 10:20 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: timberdoodle]
Guest3 Offline
Stopped counting

What in there is anti-drilling?

#2246457 - Sat May 21 2011 11:32 AM Re: Sportsmen Alliance For Marcellus Conservation [Re: Guest3]
timberdoodle Online   content
Stopped counting

Loc: Bradford Co. Pa
silly me...just an over reaction on my part I suppose.. You know how I am apt to fly off the handle

Take a clearly unbiased piece of writing like that and call it a fact sheet... and you ask me what is anti drilling? Nothing.. if that is not anti drilling there is no anti drilling.

Tell me...do you think they favor responsible drilling???

Pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking off everyone off is simple

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  casey, DIYASUB, Flintlock 
Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
169 registered (.300 savage, 1A archer, 250dieselgun, 284, 410-er, 308 ruger, 16 invisible), 440 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
klapean, drossit07, Bullmagnum, BIGBrianMLE, Bennett
33113 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Bought a foxpro now what?
by Zrabfan30
Gut shots are the new way to get it done
by NanookOdaNorth
logging road
by joe8768